[NFBofSC] Update from the Federation Center of the Blind

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Thu Oct 31 19:41:29 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!

Well, it's been a week since the two pipe leaks were taken care of.  The
good news is that there are no further leaks.  We have put our storage room
back together thanks to Barry Chavis hard work.  The conference room is back
like it was with the tables, chairs and pictures back where they belong.
However the carpet will have to be replaced from being flooded twice.  Both
leaks cost us about $3,600.

To date we have raised $700 in contributions to help cover the secondary
leaks which wound up costing us $1,200 and that was discounted by our
plumbing service.  If you had not given, we could not have come up with
enough funds to pay these invoices and we may not have met payroll this
week.  This includes our four blind computer instructors.  I may not request
funds in this manner except when it really matters as this was an emergency
situation.

We have filed an insurance claim but our deductible is quite high in order
to keep insurance costs down.  It will take a while to recover some of what
we spent.  What I want each of you who contributed to know is how much I
appreciate your coming to our aid so quickly so that the Federation Center
of the Blind can continue to serve you uninterrupted.

Enjoy your weekend and may God bless you!

David Houck

Executive Director

Federation Center of the Blind