[NFBofSC] Meet the Blind Event

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sat Sep 14 00:14:24 UTC 2019

National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina, Greenville Chapter

Announces a Meet the Blind/White Cane Awareness Event

For blind people, the white cane is an essential tool that gives us the
ability to achieve a full and independent life. It allows us to move freely
and safely from place to place-whether it's at work, at school, or around
our neighborhoods.

The National Federation of the Blind celebrates Meet the Blind Month every
October. Throughout the month, we conduct a variety of outreach activities
that create opportunities for sighted people to meet blind people in their
local area. Many of these activities center on White Cane Awareness Day
which is also held in October. This year the Greenville Chapter of the NFB
will hold a meet the blind day and white cane walk at Lake Conestee Nature
Park in Mauldin, SC.

When: October 12, 2019 -10:00-2:00

Where: Lake Conestee Nature Park

Purpose: To inform the community and visually impaired citizens of the NFB
local chapters and other resources in the upstate. The meet the blind and
white cane walk will allow the community to interact with the blind in our
community to foster relationships and understanding of the needs and
abilities of our visually impaired community.

Activities: Meet the blind, registration, informational tables. Walk starts
at 11:00. We will walk through the park and end at the White Pines Shelter
in the park for a barbecue lunch, live music, raffle and door prizes. All
money raised will benefit the Greenville Chapter to continue their work

Advanced Ticket Cost: 15.00 per person included lunch. Tickets at the event
18.00

Event Organizers:

Crystal and John Knope - (864)908-8068, ckkvangogh at att.net

Phillip Outland- (864)534-2877

President: J.W. Smith- (864) 269-0004

N. F. .B. , Greenville S.C. Chapter

Meet the Blind/White Cane Awareness Event Advanced Tickets

When: October 12, 2019 -10:00-2:00 (rain date: October 19. 2019)

Where: Lake Conestee Nature Park

Contact Info:

Number of tickets ____________

Amount Enclosed _________

Mail to Barbara Powell, 13 Staunton Bridge Road, Apt.# 27

Greenville, SC. 29611

Email:  <mailto:bjpowell052 at gamil.com> bjpowell052 at gamil.com