[NFBofSC] Positive Note 1757

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Tue Apr 14 12:33:35 UTC 2020

April 14, 2020

From:  Frank Coppel, President

              We have an announcement from the National Federation of the
blind regarding the 2020 National convention.        Due to the COVID-19
pandemic in the United States, the national convention of the National
Federation of the Blind, originally scheduled for Houston, Texas, from July
14-19, is going virtual. The organized blind movement will connect blind
Americans for the largest gathering of the blind in history!

              The 2020 national convention will include most of the elements
conventioneers expect, with some new twists. Details about registration for
the convention, as well as details of the convention schedule and logistics
as they become available, can be found at www.nfb.org/convention.

              Message from President Riccobono:  "The National Federation of
the Blind is delighted to celebrate our eightieth year by expanding the
circle of participation to create what will surely be the largest gathering
of the blind in history," said Mark Riccobono, President of the National
Federation of the Blind. "Through this unique event, we will connect blind
Americans from anywhere to build opportunities everywhere. We look forward
to spreading the 2020 view on blindness to the entire nation and beyond."

              Register now at no cost and stay tuned for more details. We
look forward to your participation in the 2020 NFB National Convention.

              On Thursday afternoon, April 9, I participated in a Zoom
meeting of the Cherokee County chapter of the NFB of SC.  Jamie Allison,
chapter president, did a great job putting together this meeting.  it was
very clear to me listening to the enthusiasm of her members who were present
on the teleconference, holding chapter meetings during these uncertain times
is greatly needed and extremely important.  Kudos to Tiffiny Mitchell who
held a Zoom meeting of the Columbia chapter Saturday evening and to
Demetrius Williford who tells me he will be holding a Zoom meeting of the
Anderson chapter on Monday evening April 27.

              We have an announcement from Shelley Coppel, President of the
NFB of SC Seniors division.  "Hello Everyone, Navigating the Healthcare
system, is our topic for April's nationwide call which is sponsored by the
NFB National Seniors Division.