[NFBofSC] From President Riccobono

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Tue Aug 11 23:01:43 UTC 2020

President’s NotebookNational Federation of the BlindMark A. Riccobono
officeofthepresident at nfb.org410-659-9314

Dear Fellow Federationists,

Thank you to those of you who reached out with concerns based upon the news that there was an explosion in northwest Baltimore. The unfortunate incident happened on the other side of Baltimore, well away from our national headquarters. To our knowledge, none of our staff or members have been directly impacted. We appreciate your concerns for our team.

*News:*

*This Week*—*Join the Twitter Chat Regarding the ADA:*

Join us on Twitter on Wednesday, August 12, at 2:00 p.m. eastern for our Twitter chat focused on the ADA. This will be a continuation of our panel discussion, “Leveraging the ADA,” that took place during the #NFB20 <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nfb20?__eep__=6&source=feed_text&epa=HASHTAG&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARB4pho-Y2i_XtQTrHScv7zesvtj39kiE5q_aE8npwQCIS0jNFFlFXDOuB5eXBsi8SdJzR9Krj1pSWUNFkBED0_pfL9Q2yzV9HbKsmol4VHPU6Xm_cxgFmbSwZXeDY36Yn70wV6MxY1W3jleHi_qsL1upi7KMA7ervw0sStrJ_WECP-B0j1TPjGcmkh65QuRlYyfv8hWIc_jyljLTGpdbhKHtyN6ZrnLr684a936weyif3qeaamr0eLXjSZPD1Fa2_RNl4SCv6KmEKgcQRgEF_MJM1Aj8H3OURtIWVI04_OkOTBiN4YVAIjk1OjhU2AkUZpPV6N9cWIF60d98g&__tn__=%2ANK-R>
National
Convention. For more updates and information, follow us on Twitter at @NFB_Voice. Access the Twitter chat questions <https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/twitter-chats> that will be discussed.

*GoDaddy:*

The NFB is investigating the accessibility of GoDaddy’s website building, hosting, and domain registration services. If you have used or tried to use GoDaddy’s services, the NFB needs to hear from you. Please contact Valerie Yingling at vyingling at nfb.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2440.

*New Blog Post*—*Tech Review: The Mantis Q40 Braille Display from APH:*

The Mantis Q40 is a new forty-cell refreshable Braille display sold by the American Printing House for the Blind. Learn about the general specifications, assessment, and more on the *Voice of the Nation’s Blind
Blog* <https://www.nfb.org/blog/tech-review-mantis-q40-braille-display-aph>.

*Free White Cane Program*—*Share with New Contacts:*

The National Federation of the Blind believes that no blind person should be without a white cane, regardless of their ability to pay for it. The Free White Cane Program is available for any blind individual in the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Also learn about choosing a cane size and cane travel training. Share the Free White Cane Program <https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/free-white-cane-program>.

*Dates to Keep in Mind:*

   - September 1: Presidential Release LIVE, 8:00 p.m. eastern
   - September 13: Open-House Gathering call, 4:00 p.m. eastern
   - October 1: Presidential Release LIVE, 8:00 p.m. eastern
   - October: Meet the Blind Month
   - November 1: Presidential Release LIVE, 8:00 p.m. eastern
   - December 1: Presidential Release LIVE, 8:00 p.m. eastern
   - December 9: Open-House Gathering call, 8:00 p.m. eastern
   - February 8, 2021: Washington Seminar Great Gathering-In

Mark A. Riccobono, President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 | officeofthepresident at nfb.org

Steve Cook
District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
Board member at large of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!
Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center
Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any of the below links!
National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book
Computer Science & Technology Division of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center
South Carolina Association of Blind Students
South Carolina Parents of Blind Children

www.carshelpingtheblind.org
or call 855 659 9314