[NFBofSC] NAGDU is inviting you to a special town hall meeting to answer questions about the Department of Transportation Final Regulations on Traveling by Air with Service Animals

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Wed Dec 9 10:34:48 UTC 2020

The National Association of Guide Dog Users is inviting you to a special
town hall meeting, which will be held this Thursday, December
10 at 8 PM Eastern time. The meeting will last for one hour and the meeting
will be recorded. The purpose of this meeting is to answer your questions
about the new ruling that the Department of Transportation has published
regarding air travel with service animals.

The link to the announcement and the PDF is here:
https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/fina
l-rule-traveling-air-service-animals

The direct-download of the PDF is here:
https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/2020-12/Final%20Service%2
0Animal%20Rule.pdf

When joining, there are a few things to keep in mind.
1. Since these are final rules, they will go into effect thirty days after
the announcement.
2. We will answer questions to the best of our abilities, and we will obtain
clarification from the DOT as needed.
3. It might be best to come with prepared questions, but also know that
someone else might ask the question before you do. In order to try and keep
the meeting moving, we will answer one question from one person, then move
onto another person to give them a chance.
4. You are free to email questions ahead of time so we can compile a list
prior to the meeting. Questions can be emailed to board at nagdu.org with the
word, question, in the subject.

The meeting connection information follows;
Topic: NAGDU TownHall Meeting
Time: Dec 10, 2020 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87528839249

Meeting ID: 875 2883 9249

One tap mobile
+13462487799,,87528839249# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,87528839249# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
         +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
         +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
         +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
         +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C) Meeting ID: 875 2883 9249 Find
your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kemzLGuk2y

--
Raul A. Gallegos
President: National Association of Guide Dog Users First Vice President:
832.554.7285  |  RGallegos at nagdu.org
rgallegos at nagdu.org

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan

Click here to access the membership form for the National Federation of the
Blind of SC

Steve Cook
District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
President Elect of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC
1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the
National Federation of the Blind of SC
The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom
Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky
Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!
Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center
Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any
of the below links!
National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book
Computer Science & Technology Division of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC
Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center
South Carolina Association of Blind Students
South Carolina Parents of Blind Children

The National Federation of the Blind relies on the generosity of our
supporters to help us raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. Your
support helps us live the lives we want.

The National Federation of the Blind is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization
(EIN: 02-0259978) under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
You can be a part of our mission to help blind people live the lives we
want. Your donations assist us with distributing free white canes, provide
children with Braille and nonvisual skills instruction, introduce blind high
school students to STEM careers, advocate for the rights of blind Americans,
provide free audio newspaper services, contribute to the development of new
technology and provide scholarships to blind students

Click here to join the PAC plan!