[NFBofSC] Upstate Fishing Trip

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sat Feb 1 16:08:14 UTC 2020

Below is a letter fromPhil Marett pertaining to the upstate fishing trip
sponsored by the Lions.

2020 UBF

ATTENTION

LIONS BLIND FISHING HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE 29th and 30th of May. WE WILL
STILL START AT ROCKY BOTTOM AND FISH IN LAKE KEOWEE, BUT AT A LATER DATE!

The dates are Friday May 29th. and SATURDAY May 30TH.

his year, there is a change: If you register and do not show up, you will be
fined $10.00. If you fail to show up and fish and do not pay the fine, you
will be dis-qualified the following year.

We will be fishing from Keowee Keys and we will send the address asap.

The reason for this is obvious, the food cost and we prepare for the number
registered. In addition, we have to have so many boats for the tournament
and if we have ten boats and only 16 fishermen, someone has gotten up early,
prepared their boat but has to go home without the joy of having blind
fishermen for the day.

In addition, if you win the trip to the Outer Banks and cancel after the
cancelation date, you will be fined $85.00 or the cost of registration. The
cancelation date will be two (2) weeks before the tournament at Outer Banks,
N.C. If you cancel in time, we can get the next fisherman on the list of
winners to go, but they will need time to make plans for the trip. If you
fail to cancel, you will not be allowed to fish with us next year.

The board of directors for Lions Blind Fishing regret having to make these
rules, but it has cost us money we do not have when this happens, so we had
to make some penalty rules.

          The areas that we have used to board the pontoons are undergoing
repairs and the bath rooms are under construction, so we have to make a
change. An't life exciting?

Steve Cook

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LddWwCJNPHI> Click here to view the PSA
for the National Federation of the Blind of SC

 <http://www.nfbofsc.org> www.nfbofsc.org

 <https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/> Follow the National
Federation of the Blind of SC On Face Book

 <http://www.rockybottomofsc.com/index/index.php> www.RockyBottomofSC.com

 <https://m.facebook.com/RockyBottomofSC/> Follow Rocky Bottom Retreat &
Conference Center on Face Book

<https://m.facebook.com/Computer-Science-Technology-Division-of-the-NFB-of-S
C-343263089815304/> Follow the Computer Science & Technology Division of SC
on Face Book

District 2 NFB of SC State Board Member

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the NFB
of SC

Board Member at Large of the Columbia Chapter of the NFB of SC