[NFBofSC] Pre Authorized Contribution Program to National Federation of the Blind

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Tue Jul 14 12:32:05 UTC 2020

The National Federation of the Blind Pre Authorized Contribution Plan

As you know, each of us pays a modest fee of $10 annually to be a member of
the NFB of SC and usually another few dollars annually to belong to your
local chapter or division of the NFB of SC.  But have you considered that
the NFB nationally requires no direct dues from you in order to maintain
your membership?  Then, how does the largest national organization of the
blind fund its programs including its massive facilities in Baltimore,
Maryland?

When you consider it, national organization expenses are enormous when
compared to a statewide organization or even a chapter or division.  One way
the NFB receives funding is through the Pre Authorized Contribution Plan or
PAC Plan.  During the national convention next week beginning on July 14,
you can access the NFB PAC Plan online via  <http://www.nfb.org/pac>
www.nfb.org/pac.

or you can download and print a PAC form to use yourself or share with
others at
https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/pac-form-fillout-accessible-2018-final.pdf.
Just fill it out and send it in to PAC Plan, NFB, 200 East Wells St. at
Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230.

Funds can be withdrawn from your checking account, by your credit or debit
card for as little as $5 per month and you have a choice of dates for
withdrawal.  Of course, you can always increase your PAC contribution.  For
instance, in South Carolina we rank 13th in the nation with only 49
contributors averaging $18.12 monthly for a combined monthly total of
$888.00 which is good for our small state.  However, if you and others join
or increase your PAC contribution, we could beat number 12 which is New
Mexico which has a combined monthly total of $945.00 or even number 11 which
is Ohio with a combined monthly total of only $976.50!

See what you can do to get our ranking closer to number 10 by the end of the
convention.  A bunch of us can make the difference!  Get your friends or
chapter members involved as well.

David Houck

Onterim PAC Chair