[NFBofSC] FW: convention letter

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Fri Jun 5 14:01:20 UTC 2020

June 5, 2020

                             Memo To: All NFB of SC Members and Others

                             From: Frank Coppel, President

The 64th annual State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
South Carolina is only ten weeks away!  The 2020 NFB of SC state Convention
will be held August 21-22,. As you may recall, the 2020 state convention was
initially scheduled to be held at the North Charleston Marriott.  However,
as a result of Covid 19 and the NFB of SC Board of Directors' desire to
ensure the safety and health of our members, the state board voted Monday
evening, June 1, to hold a virtual state convention this year.  Although
this year's state convention will be virtual, I am confident This will be
our best Convention to date.

There will be no cost for registration.  To register online for the 2020 NFB
of SC state convention go to our website nfbofsc.org.  If you need
assistance with the online registration, call Steve and Shannon Cook (803)
254-0222 or David Houck at the Federation Center (803) 254-3777and they will
be happy to assist you.  Deadline for registration is July 31, 2020.  If you
do not register you will not be eligible for door prizes and you will not be
able to participate in the election process.

          The 2020 NFB of SC state convention will include most of the
elements our members expect, with some new variations.  Division and
Committee meetings will be held on Friday August 21,as well as the third
quarter meeting of the NFB of SC Board of Directors.

          The Convention will be called to order Saturday morning, August
22, and will adjourn at the conclusion of the banquet Saturday evening.

I am very excited regarding the prospects of holding a virtual state
convention.  It will take all of us working together if we are to have a
successful event.  I am asking chapter presidents, or someone in the
chapter, to assist any member who may need help to participate via the Zoom
platform in this year's convention.

I look forward to a great convention and to be with my federation family
August 21-22!