[NFBofSC] NFB of SC virtual convention letter

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Fri Jun 12 16:33:11 UTC 2020

June 5, 2020

Memo To: All NFB of SC Members and Others

From: Frank Coppel, President

              The 64th annual State Convention of the National Federation of
the Blind of South Carolina is only ten weeks away!  The 2020 NFB of SC
state Convention will be held August 21-22. As you may recall, the 2020
state convention was initially scheduled to be held at the North Charleston
Marriott.  However, as a result of Covid 19 and the NFB of SC Board of
Directors' desire to ensure the safety and health of our members, the state
board voted Monday evening, June 1, to hold a virtual state convention this
year.  Although this year's state convention will be virtual, I am confident
this will be our best Convention to date.

              There will be no cost for registration.  To register online
for the 2020 NFB of SC state convention, go to our website, nfbofsc.org.  If
you need assistance with the online registration, call Steve and Shannon
Cook (803) 254-0222 or David Houck at the Federation Center (803)
254-3777and they will be happy to assist you.  Deadline for registration is
July 31, 2020.  If you do not register you will not be eligible for door
prizes and you will not be able to participate in the election process.

          The 2020 NFB of SC state convention will include most of the
elements our members expect, with some new variations.  Division and
Committee meetings will be held on Friday August 21, as well as the third
quarter meeting of the NFB of SC Board of Directors.

          The Convention will be called to order Saturday morning, August
22, and will adjourn at the conclusion of the banquet on Saturday evening.

              I am very excited regarding the prospects of holding a virtual
state convention.  It will take all of us working together if we are to have
a successful event.  I am asking chapter presidents, or someone in the
chapter, to assist any member who may need help to participate via the Zoom
platform in this year's convention.

              I look forward to a great convention and to be with my
federation family August 21-22!