[NFBofSC] FW: Do you create art? Apply for our Disability Pride ARTS SHOWCASE!🎨

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sat Jun 13 14:36:27 UTC 2020

From: Able South Carolina <snichols at able-sc.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 10:31 AM
To: cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Subject: Do you create art? Apply for our Disability Pride ARTS SHOWCASE!🎨

 <https://default.salsalabs.org/T6dc4d39b-fe6b-40ba-ac30-68d917c00570/ff31abd8-4c06-4833-9a78-177bcc7ad1ea>

Dear Friend,

Are you a person with a disability who creates any type of art?  <https://default.salsalabs.org/Tf17d6830-0663-451c-8242-3a86c3d121f7/ff31abd8-4c06-4833-9a78-177bcc7ad1ea> Apply to present your work in our Disability Pride Art Showcase!

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Disability Pride Art Showcase will bring the disability community across South Carolina and the nation together to express our disability pride creatively!

Preference will be given to South Carolinian artists with disabilities, but artists with disabilities across the nation will be considered as well.

This will be a pre-recorded art show that will release on July 28, 2020, at 6:30 PM. If you are accepted, you will receive more information via email. We require that all accepted artists be available during the release for a live-chat on social media (more details to come).

DEADLINE TO APPLY: June 21, 2020, 11:59 PM EDT

 <https://default.salsalabs.org/T4f926306-39d7-4cdd-9938-59aec3faacbf/ff31abd8-4c06-4833-9a78-177bcc7ad1ea> Apply now!

What we’re looking for:

*         Any type of art form that you feel comfortable sharing with an audience and that can be recorded! This could be music, spoken word/poetry, a visual piece of art that you explain and present, a comedy routine, dance, and more.

*         Youth friendly content! Please keep any art you plan to share at least PG-13. We will be providing more guidance if you are accepted.

*         Artists with any kind of disability. But what do we mean by disability?

*         This includes people with any kind of physical, intellectual, developmental, hearing, visual, or psychiatric disability, as well as healthcare conditions.

*         Disabled people of color, non-binary people, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply!

*         Preference will be given to South Carolinians with disabilities to emphasize the importance of local arts, but we will be accepting artists from across the nation.

Questions? Email us at  <https://default.salsalabs.org/Td68e23e3-c8ff-41ae-85be-b5a06bc83da6/ff31abd8-4c06-4833-9a78-177bcc7ad1ea> snichols at able-sc.org.

 <https://default.salsalabs.org/T3550a255-5871-4c89-b4ff-34a663913a33/ff31abd8-4c06-4833-9a78-177bcc7ad1ea> Apply now!

P.S: Do you have any friends who you think should pretend? Forward this email to them!

Able South Carolina
720 Gracern Road Suite 106 | Columbia, South Carolina 29210
803.779.5121 | advocacy at able-sc.org <mailto:advocacy at able-sc.org>

Follow Us

 <https://www.facebook.com/AbleSC>

 <https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=Able_sc>