[NFBofSC] Successful Transitions Responsible for Summer Teen 2020, Opportunities Available!

Jennifer Bazer jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
Thu Mar 12 18:18:02 UTC 2020

Hello NFB of SC Family!

I wanted to let all of our SC family know that Successful Transitions under
NFB of SC will be sponsoring Summer Teen 2020 this summer! We are excited
for this opportunity for the NFB of SC to shine and to make a difference  in
blind youth across SC.

If you are interested in being apart of our program  through working
opportunities, know of a youth who can benefit that is blind, and would like
to see the youth in action, please see information below.

What an awesome opportunity for the Palmetto State. Thank you all for your
continued support of an incredible journey in SC!

Summertime, full time and part time contract positions available with
Successful Transitions, a non-profit program under the National Federation
of the Blind of South Carolina (NFBSC).  We provide free pre-employment
transition services to blind students ages 13 to 21.  Looking for positive
role models for blind children and youth.  Must have excellent oral and
written communications skills, patience, high energy, be self-motivated,
dedication to helping others, able to work in a group or individually.  All
individuals will be required to submit to a background check.

The services that we provide include the following:

Self-Advocacy

Work Readiness

Post-Secondary Exploration

Internships

Orientation and Mobility

Assistive Technology

Braille

Mentoring

To be considered for any of the above positions, individuals must submit a
cover letter, resume and complete an application at the following link
below:

https://www.tfaforms.com/4804479

Applications will be disqualified if all documentation is not submitted
which includes a cover letter, resume and completed application from the
link above.

Once a completed application has been received, you will be asked to submit
answers to several questions as a writing sample.

Thank you for considering a position with NFB of SC Successful Transitions.

If you have questions, please contact Jennifer Bazer, Program Director at
803-960-9977 or Jennifer at successforlives.org
<mailto:Jennifer at successforlives.org>