[NFBofSC] November Braille Monitor

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sun Nov 1 20:20:24 UTC 2020

Hi Federation Family!

The November 2020 issue of the Braille monitor is now available!

Braille Monitor

The Braille Monitor is the flagship publication of the National Federation
of the Blind. It covers the events and activities of the NFB, addresses the
issues we face as blind people, and highlights our members.

Distributed eleven times a year since 1957, the Braille Monitor:

*	Offers a positive philosophy about blindness to both blind readers
and the public at large
*	Serves as a vehicle for advocacy and protection of civil rights
*	Addresses social concerns affecting the blind
*	Discusses issues related to employment, education, legislation, and
rehabilitation
*	Provides news about products and technology used by the blind
*	To learn more, we invite you to read Dr. Kenneth Jernigan's 1993
article entitled, "Concerning History and the Braille Monitor."

https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/braille-monitor

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the
National Federation of the Blind of SC

President elect of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC

The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom
Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky
Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!

 <http://rockybottomofsc.com/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center

Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any
of the below links!

 <https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/> National Federation of the
Blind of SC on Face Book

<https://m.facebook.com/Computer-Science-Technology-Division-of-the-NFB-of-S
C-343263089815304/> Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC

 <https://m.facebook.com/RockyBottomofSC/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference
Center

South Carolina Association of Blind Students

 <https://m.facebook.com/groups/375092969314880?_rdr> South Carolina Parents
of Blind Children