[NFBofSC] Seeking Sports and Recreation Division Interest

Jennifer Bazer jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
Thu Nov 12 00:27:03 UTC 2020

Hello All!

I have recently had questions about starting a Sports and Recreation
division in SC under our affiliate.

Below is what that may look like as a division from the national page.

We know that blindness is not the characteristic that keeps us from
achieving our health, wellness, and athletic goals. The Sports and
Recreation Division serves as a community around sports, recreation, health,
and wellness.

Obesity and sedentary lifestyle are two of the biggest health concerns
across the United States. Both are more prevalent among individuals who are
blind. The Sports and Recreation Division works diligently to raise
awareness of health concerns related to exercise, nutrition, and wellness.
We serve as a network of experts to help blind people break down barriers to
full participation in sports, recreation, and exercise. We are also a great
source of support for gyms, community recreation programs, and others in the
health and wellness arena who want to make their services more accessible to
the blind.

>From the seasoned blind sports and recreation participant to the blind
person who is considering beginning an exercise, sports, or wellness
regiment this is the community for you!  You can live the life you want!
Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into
reality!

If you are interested in a sports and rec division in SC, we will have a
interest meeting on Wednesday, November 18 at 7:00 p.m. on the Federation
zoom platform. This will be about 45 minutes as another committee meets at
8:00 p.m.

If you are interested, please email me at jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
<mailto:jhipp25 at sc.rr.com>  or text or call me at 803-960-9977 with your
name, email and phone number and I will insure you are reminded of this
interest meeting.

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards,

Jennifer Bazer,