[NFBofSC] Instructional Conference Call #4 is TOMORROW! Topic is NON-24 - and notice of May's call, Gardening with a Blind Master Gardener

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Tue Apr 20 07:48:13 UTC 2021

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the
National Federation of the Blind of SC

The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom
Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky
Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!

 <http://rockybottomofsc.com/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center

Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any
of the below links!

 <https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/> National Federation of the
Blind of SC on Face Book

<https://m.facebook.com/Computer-Science-Technology-Division-of-the-NFB-of-S
C-343263089815304/> Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC

 <https://m.facebook.com/RockyBottomofSC/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference
Center

South Carolina Association of Blind Students

 <https://m.facebook.com/groups/375092969314880?_rdr> South Carolina Parents
of Blind Children

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

between blind people and our dreams.

Hi You All

RE: Tomorrow! Learn about Non-24 and plan to join in on the next
instructional call!

First: Get this on your calendar- Wednesday May 5th, will  be our fifth
instructional call of 2021. The topic is gardening . Our presenter is blind,
and has completed his certification to be considered a Master Gardener. His
name is Dan Smith; from Idaho. And note; the Zoom numbers found below will
work for both calls.

Second: here is needed information for tomorrow; NON-24 sleep/wake disorder!

Date: Tuesday, April 20th.

Time: 4:00 PM ET

The Zoom numbers will follow the below write up of our topic. Bet you have
seen this NON-24 stuff advertised on TV!

Topic: Non-24 Sleep Wake Disorder; our special presenter is- Jennifer Lyman,
R.N., B.S.

Nurse Educator-Midwest, Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Here is what she wrote
as an intro:

Many of you may have heard of Non-24 Sleep Wake Disorder (also called
Non-24). It's a serious & rare circadian rhythm disorder and people living
with Non-24 experience sleep struggles and excessive daytime sleepiness
which can impair social and occupational functioning. It's often
misdiagnosed. Vanda Pharmaceutical has a specialized team of Registered
Nurse Educators who raise awareness of Non-24 through education and
community outreach at events and support groups for the visually impaired.

You don't have to be totally blind to have Non-24, but if you are totally
blind, you are at a higher risk of developing it. Learn how to recognize the
symptoms, how to talk to your doctor or family & friends is what our Nurse
Educators and Health Educators do for those who feel they may need help.

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://zoom.us/j/92237336839?pwd=Mm9yTmZDRmxWaGgzZ1cyVjdwcVpPUT09

One tap mobile:

+13017158592,,92237336839#,,,,*345# US (Washington DC)

+16468769923,,92237336839#,,,,*345# US (New York)

Dial by your location:

+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 922 3733 6839

Passcode: 345

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman

NFBN Senior Division, President

NFB Seniors Division, Second Vice President

NFBN Omaha Chapter, Secretary