[NFBofSC] The NFBH invites you to All About Braille

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Wed Apr 21 09:11:31 UTC 2021

The National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina now has our own
podcast. Using any of the below platforms and more to come! Just search or
ask play National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina podcast. We
currently have the Leadership Seminar from April 10, 2021 loaded and ready
for listening. We will soon have episodes, about gardening, JAWS, Zoom Text,
apps for Apple and Android platforms, ETC. If you have suggestions for the
podcast, please send Steve Cook a message at  <mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com>
cookcafe at sc.rr.com or call/Text at 803 260 1292.

Spotify

Apple Podcast

Google Podcast

Radio Public

Pocket Cast

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the
National Federation of the Blind of SC

Aloha,

The NFB of Hawaii invites you to the all About Braille Zoom meeting on the
first Saturdays of each month, beginning May 1 at 12 noon Hawaii time.
That's 3 pm west coast time and 6 pm east coast time.

You don't have to know braille to attend.  It's a chance to ask questions,
like: Is it worth my time to learn braille at my age? How do I teach my
young blind child braille?  The teachers say my child can learn print with
magnification. Should he also learn braille? I know braille but I want to
read faster. How do I increase my reading speed?  I can't remember the
contraction for .? How should I place my hands when reading braille? What's
the best way to learn  braille if I live in a rural area?  So, please join
us if you are an old-hand at braille, just learning braille, or just
wondering about it. And if you have any suggestions for the sessions, I'd
love to hear them.

The zoom link follows. Please share with others who may be interested. This
notice will also be posted on Hawaii's NFB Newsline page for those who do
not have internet.

Please contact me for any questions.

Join Zoom Meeting

<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fzoom.us%2F
j%2F7454185223&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd12c8486b379414a1eee08d8dc6e17da%7C84df9e7f
e9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637501712684082184%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3
d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&
sdata=fJI%2FtzoMgLsfBOZhSm%2FXszgnjHDDuj2EYJcukoPnkbY%3D&reserved=0>
https://zoom.us/j/7454185223

Meeting ID: 745 418 5223

One tap mobile

+13462487799,,7454185223# US (Houston)