[NFBofSC] Positive Note 1811

Jennifer Bazer jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
Mon Apr 26 10:08:12 UTC 2021

April 26, , 2021

From:  Jennifer Bazer, President

Positive Note 1811

803-960-9977

Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com <mailto:Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com>

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

We will be having our sixty-fifth NFB of SC state convention August 19-22,
2021 at the North Charleston Marriott, 4770 Goer Drive, North Charleston,
SC, 29406. It is time for all of us to begin making our reservations and
registering for our hybrid convention. You may contact the hotel directly at
843-747-1900 and let them know you are registering for the NFB of SC state
convention to receive the discounted rates.

Room rates are as follows:

Singles and doubles, $115.00 per night.

Triples, $125.00 per night.

Quads, $135.00 per night.

You will also need to add sales tax which currently is 14%.

The NFB of SC block of rooms at the above rates will be good until July 29,
2021 until 5:00 PM Eastern time. After that date, the hotel will release the
rooms to the general public and we will not be guaranteed our group rate.

The NFB of SC board voted on Thursday, April 22, 2021 on the following rates
for convention registration. The prices include reception on Friday night,
boxed breakfast Saturday and Sunday, and banquet Saturday night. There will
not be a luncheon on Saturday afternoon.

Adults, $85.00 per person until July 15; $100.00 after this date.

College, graduate and doctoral students, $55 per person until July 15; $60
after this date.

Individuals 18 and younger, $25.00 per person until July 15; $30 after this
date.

Virtual, $25.00 per person until July 15; $30 after this date.

In order to have a hybrid event so that as many individuals can attend as
possible, we are charging a small registration fee for virtual attendance to
cover the cost of broadcasting from the Marriott; the hotel charges the NFB
of SC around $1,000 for audiovisual equipment and broadcasting.

If you plan to vote in this year's election for the NFB of SC, you will need
to be a member of the NFB of SC in good standing as of June 30, 2021 by
11:59 PM Eastern Standard time.

You may register using a paper registration form, complete and enclose
payment and send to the Federation Center, 2021 NFB of SC State Convention,
119 S. Kilbourne Road, Columbia, SC 29205.

You may also register online and submit payment through Pay Pal or you may
send in your payment to the Center at the above address. Registration will
not be confirmed until payment has been received through the mail or Pay
Pal. If using Pay Pal, please remember to add 3% to your total to cover Pay
Pal's administration fees and so that NFB of SC receives the entire amount.

Let's have a large in-person and virtual turn-out for the NFB of SC
Sixty-Fifth state convention!

Register online at

2021 National Federation of the Blind of SC Sixty-Fifth State Convention
Registration Form

https://forms.gle/JUxemkCKcjiWdC827

You may obtain a printed  form from David Houck at the Federation Center.
Those letters and registration forms will be in the mail this week.

Questions about the convention, please call me at 803-960-9977 or email me
at

Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com <mailto:Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com>

Midlands' Gives

On May 4, 2021

Our nonprofits support our whole community by providing vital services that
make the Midlands more livable and vibrant. Give today, or join us virtually
on May 4 for Midlands Gives Day when your gift may be amplified by matching
funds and prizes. Embrace your inner philanthropist, and give generously!

Midlands' Gives is presented by
Central Carolina Community Foundation

Central Carolina Community Foundation, the Midlands' local center for
philanthropy, is a nonprofit organization that links charitable people and
businesses with areas of need in our community. Our mission is to promote,
facilitate, and increase philanthropy to create a sustainable impact within
our community

We hope you will consider sharing the below links with your networks to
raise money for NFB of SC and Rocky Bottom. We will continue our contest
among districts and divisions. Who will receive the plaque this year at our
state convention in North Charleston?

If you need assistance giving on May 4, you may call David Houck at the
center at 803-254-3777 to process your card through the midlands' Gives
website. You may also reach out to others in the NFB of SC to help process
your payment. On this Thursday's Palmetto Connects, we will have more
information and others who can assist with payment processing online.

NFB of SC

https://www.midlandsgives.org/NFBOFSC

Rocky Bottom Retreat and Conference Center of the Blind

https://www.midlandsgives.org/rockybottom

Special palmetto Connects Thursday, April 29:

We will have a Palmetto Connects call this Thursday, April 29 at 6:00 on our
Federation zoom platform. Please invite your chapters, divisions, and
committees as this will be an important meeting to share state convention
information along with Midlands' Gives info.

Letters about state convention will be posted to the listserv this week as
well as mail copies will be sent out.

Connects will give info on room rates, registration costs and how to
register, virtual information, drawings and so much more that cannot
possibly all fit in a letter.

Please make sure as many of our members can attend to hear the info
first-hand.

All presidents of divisions and chapters along with all board members of
FCB, NFB of SC and Rocky Bottom should plan to attend so you can disseminate
information.

Thank you so much! This will be an awesome sixty-fifth annual state
convention of the NFB of SC.

              The following meetings are scheduled on the Zoom platform this
week. You are welcome to attend any of these meetings, even if you are not a
member of the chapter or committee.  All Committee meetings are open to the
public for listening. Contact President Bazer if you would like to be added
to any NFB of SC committee so that information stays current on our website
and membership list.  Here is what is coming up on Zoom for the month. All
meetings are on the main Federation ID of 803-254-3777, unless noted.

Dates & Times of meetings are subject to change. All times are Eastern.

Monday April 26, 2021

Doing Our Fair Share 7:00 PM

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Get Fit with the Sports & Rec Division 5:30 PM

Computer Science & Tech Division Meeting 7:00

Diversity & Inclusion Committee 8:00 PM

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Sports & Rec Fund Raiser 8:00 PM Rocky Bottom

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Special palmetto Connects 6:00 PM

National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina Podcast Presentation 7:00
PM

              NFB of SC Federation Center is inviting you to a scheduled
Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFB of SC Chapter and Committee meetings

Times are in  Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8032543777?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09

Meeting ID: 803 254 3777

Passcode: 124578

One tap mobile

+19292056099,,8032543777# US (New York)

Final Thought:

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, 'I'm possible!'" -Audrey
Hepburn

NFB Pledge - I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National
Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for
the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to
abide by its constitution.

NFB One Minute Message - "The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every
day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back."

If this message was forwarded to you and you would like to receive it
directly in your inbox, as well as, receive messages regarding the National
Federation of the Blind of South Carolina, please email Steve Cook at
cookcafe at sc.rr.com <mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com>