[NFBofSC] Statewide seminar things to remember, auction and more

jennifer at successforlives.org jennifer at successforlives.org
Wed Dec 29 17:44:57 UTC 2021

Hello All!

Just a few reminders about statewide seminar!

If you have not completed your online registration and payment for your
state dues, please remember they are due by December 31; however, if you are
attending in person, we will take them during statewide seminar. All info
including name and at least a phone number must be emailed to Steve Cook at

cookcafe at sc.rr.com <mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com>

so that he can complete the online membership form if it has not already
been done. If you bring money to statewide seminar, please write checks for
state dues to NFB of SC and give to Valerie Warrington or David Houck. If
you bring cash, please include in an envelope with your name and phone
number along with what the payment is for. Example, Jennifer Bazer state
dues 803-960-9977.

Please remember to bring new auction items for the statewide seminar. All
money raised will go to Rocky Bottom.

I know Lisa Best will be contributing some homemade yummy treats along with
Orbell Smith.

I have two personalized items with NFB of SC on them from 31 bags. One is a
thermal that will hold cans or your favorite beverages and the other is a
zip top organizing tote with all kinds of pockets with NFB of SC on it. I
will have items from Tastefully Simple, Pampered Chef and Mountain Mist and
maybe, other finds.

Please remember to RSVP if you plan to attend in person to David Houck at
803-254-3777. If you have changed your mind and will not be attending in
person, please also let David know so we have an accurate count for food.

Please remember, you will be able to hear the seminar but participation will
be very limited, if at all due to the auction.

Both Rocky Bottom and NFB of SC board meetings will take place during lunch
from 12:15 and 1:45. These board meetings will be abbreviated. Rocky Bottom
will be from 12:15 until 1:00 and NFB of SC will be from 1:00 until 1:45.

Please email or text me with your suggestion for our one word for 2022 if
you are not coming in person so that your idea will be added to the list of
words to vote on.

I will be reaching out to divisions and committees for statewide seminar
participation to be on the program. If possible, please make your
presentation lively and maybe, even interactive.

If your division or committee knows for sure you would like to be on the
program, please let me know ASAP as I am working on the statewide seminar
agenda.

If your chapter has something interesting to share or report, let me know.
Maybe, it's how you have been able to thrive in Covid with fundraisers?
Maybe, it's creative ways you have added a lot of new members to your
chapter? Send me an outline of what you would like to share.

If anyone has talent and would like to share, let me know. Would you like to
sing? Play an instrument for us during the statewide seminar?

Do you have a story? How has your blindness impacted you? How has being in
the NFB of SC changed you? Are you new and would love to share your story of
how you became involved and what NFB of SC means to you? Are you a long time
member and wish to share how you became involved? How has it impacted you?
Why others should join our organization? Please email, call or text me.

Hand sanitizer will be readily available at the seminar. Masks are
encouraged.

The statewide seminar is like a one day convention. It is about us, not
about Jennifer Bazer. What would be interesting and helpful to you? We know
we cannot please everyone; however, making this statewide seminar beneficial
and interactive and fun is what we strive to do.

I hope all of you have a very safe and blessed New Year. I will be more
available after the weekend and my kids return to school on Monday. Feel
free to email or text me with suggestions. If I don't get back to you right
away, please know I am spending time with my kids.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Bazer,

President, NFB of SC

803-960-9977