[NFBofSC] Flight #2022 and final hours of 2021, things to remember in the NFB of SC

Jennifer Bazer jennifer.h.bazer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 15:27:33 UTC 2021

Good Morning All!

Happy New Year's Eve!

Just a few reminders before we slip into 2022!

Please insure your $10 state dues are paid. If you are a member of a board,
hold an office, it is vital that your state dues be paid no later than
January 15 to remain a leader in the organization. This includes chapters,
divisions and officers of NFB of SC, Federation Center, and Rocky Bottom. We
have to lead by example! If you plan to attend the statewide seminar in
person, you can bring your state dues at that time. Make checks to NFB of SC
and note state dues along with the person's name and phone number so we can
insure an online membership form is complete. State dues are due technically
by end of today, December 31.

Starting January first, all chairs and co-chairs of committees will be
responsible for sending out reminders for their meetings and outlines of
their meetings to the list serv so that others may attend. Also chairs and
co-chairs of committees need to send notes of the meeting to their members
and please copy me after each meeting.

If you are a chapter or division president, please insure Steve Cook as
membership chair, David Houck and me have the names of your officers and
contact information by January 15.

Statewide seminar is approaching fast!

Please bring your gently used shoes and new socks for our shoe project to
the center if you are attending statewide seminar in person. We will be
giving our donation to Kara Jefferson during statewide seminar. If you are
not attending in person and still wish to participate, you can bring your
items to the Center at 119 S. Kilbourne Road, Columbia, SC 29205 or mail
them. If you wish to make a donation to this project, you may use pay pal on
our site with shoe project in the comment field and we will be happy to
purchase shoes or socks on your behalf.

www.nfbofsc.org <http://www.nfbofsc.org>

I want to let everyone know that thanks to your donations, we were able to
send 12 $25 gift cards to blind children on behalf of the We Care Committee.
Thank you all who donated to this Christmas event.

We are having our auction to benefit Rocky bottom during statewide seminar.
Please remember to bring new items for others to bid on during our event
from 10-4 PM Eastern. I have items from 31 bags with the NFB of SC on them
along with Pampered Chef and Mountain Mist items.

Also, chapters and divisions will be selling items as fundraisers. The NFB
of SC will be selling their bags and shirts as well. We are hoping to have
some sweatshirts with our logo on them by then as well for our statewide
seminar. Please support our affiliate, our chapters and our divisions at
this event!

If you plan to attend the statewide seminar on January 8 from 10-4 Eastern,
in person, please let David Houck know so that we have enough food for all.
If any changes need to be made to your RSVP, please also let David know so
that we can appropriately account for food and other items.

Hand sanitizer will be readily available and masks are strongly encouraged.

Please remember, if you are not able to attend in person, we invite you to
listen on zoom using our Federation zoom platform. There will be limited
participation due to the auction; however, you will be able to gather
information that is important to our affiliate. All are welcome in person or
on zoom

If you wish to come early to sell your goods, please feel free. We will have
Rocky Bottom board meeting from 12-15 until 1:00 and NFB of SC board meeting
from 1:00 until 1:45. A free lunch will be served during that time.

Successful Transitions will be decorating for the statewide seminar next
week at the Center.

If you wish to attend the statewide seminar in person and do not have
transportation, please let me know. Students will be coming from Successful
Transitions and if you are in an area we are traveling to pick up students,
we will make a huge effort to transport you. I cannot promise, but I will
sure make every effort to assist.

I look forward to seeing you all in the New Year at the statewide seminar
and at Palmetto connects on Thursday evening at 6:00 PM Eastern.

I hope all of you have a safe New Year!

Hello and welcome to Flight 2022. We are prepared to take off into the New
Year. Please make sure your Positive Attitude and Gratitude are secured and
locked in the upright position. All self-destruct devices: pity, anger,
selfishness, pride, and resentment should be turned off at this time. All
negativity, hurt, and discouragement should be put away. Should you lose
your Positive Attitude under pressure during this flight, reach up and pull
down a prayer. Prayers will automatically be activated by Faith. Once your
Faith is activated, you can assist other passengers. There will be NO
BAGGAGE allowed on this flight. God, our Captain, has cleared us for
take-off. Destination - GREATNESS! Wishing you a New Year filled with new
HOPE, new JOY, and new BEGINNINGS! Stay Blessed! And welcome in 2022.