[NFBofSC] Positive Note 1802

Jennifer Bazer jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
Mon Feb 22 11:32:05 UTC 2021

February 22, 2021

From:  Jennifer Bazer, President

Positive Note 1802

803-960-9977   Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com <mailto:Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com>

*	Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com <mailto:Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com>

Greetings Fellow Federationists:

On Thursday, February 18, we celebrated black history month with a tribute
hosted by our diversity and inclusion committee. We heard about famous black
inventors, musicians, writers, sports players and so many more black
individuals who made history in the Palmetto State. Seventy individuals from
various affiliates attended the zoom event. We appreciate the support of our
Federation family during our NFB of SC events.

Below, you will find history about famous black individuals who were born in
South Carolina. If you missed our tribute to black history month, some of
the individuals we featured are mentioned below.

" <https://www.biography.com/people/robert-smalls-9486288> Robert Smalls |
Beaufort | Born 1839, died 1915 | As a slave, he
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> hijacked a Confederate steamship,
disguised himself as a white captain, and sailed to Union safety. He went on
to become a captain in US Navy and a representative in the US Congress.

 <http://scafricanamerican.com/honorees/anna-decosta-banks-rn/> Anna DeCosta
Banks | Charleston | Born 1869, died 1930 | She was a private nurse with the
<http://snaccooperative.org/ark:/99166/w6b62bq9> Ladies' Benevolent Society
in Charleston and a pioneer for students during her long career at the
Hospital and Training School for Nurses in
<https://www.sciway.net/city/charleston.html> Charleston.
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> Today, a wing of MUSC Health is
named after her.

<https://www.nlm.nih.gov/changingthefaceofmedicine/physicians/biography_107.
html> Dr. Matilda Arabelle Evans | Aiken | Born 1872, died 1935 | In 1897,
she became the first African American woman
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> licensed as a physician in South
Carolina.

 <http://www.pbs.org/blackpress/news_bios/bass.html> Charlotta Spears Bass |
Sumter | Born 1874, died 1969 | A newspaper publisher and Civil Rights
leader who became the  <https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> first
African American woman to run for national office as Vice President of the
United States in  <https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> 1952.

<https://www.womenshistory.org/education-resources/biographies/mary-mcleod-b
ethune> Mary McLeod Bethune | Mayesville | Born 1875, died 1955 | She
founded  <https://www.cookman.edu/> Bethune-Cookman University and under
Franklin Roosevelt, she served as Special Advisor on Minority Affairs. In
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> 1935, she founded the National
Council for Negro Women to "represent the national and international
concerns of Black women." Today, her portrait hangs in South Carolina's
State House and there is a statue erected to her in Washington, DC..

 <http://polisci.usca.edu/aasc/clark.htm> Septima Poinsette Clark |
Charleston | Born 1898, died 1987 | Known as the "
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> Queen Mother of the Civil Rights
Movement," she helped establish citizenship schools across the South so
blacks could learn to read and vote. When Martin Luther King, Jr. was
awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, he asked Clark to go with him to Norway,
because she deserved the award as much as he did. Read more about Septima
Poinsette Clark and why the Crosstown is named after her
<https://chstoday.6amcity.com/septima-p-clark-crosstown/?omhide=true> here.

 <http://www.atdf.org/awards/pegleg.html> Clayton "Peg Leg" Bates | Fountain
Inn | Born 1907, died 1998 | He worked as a child laborer in a cotton mill,
where he lost his leg- yet he went on to established a
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> successful career as a tap dancer.
In the 1930s, he became a Broadway star and made over 20 appearances on the
Ed Sullivan Show during the 1950s and 1960s. A bronze statue of him stands
in his hometown of Fountain Inn.

 <https://www.britannica.com/biography/Dizzy-Gillespie> Dizzy Gillespie |
Cheraw | Born 1917, died 1993 | John Birks, a.k.a "Dizzy," taught himself to
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> play trumpet at age 12 and began
recording at the age of 20. His unique style played a major role in the rise
of bebop and modern jazz.

 <https://www.knowitall.org/video/judge-matthew-perry-jr-road-trip> Judge
Matthew Perry, Jr. | Columbia | Born 1921, died 2011 | Became the first
African American federal judge in South Carolina.

 <http://scafricanamerican.com/honorees/marjorie-amos-frazier/> Marjorie
Amos-Frazier | Manning | Born 1926, died
<http://www.live5news.com/story/12695178/charleston-loses-trailblazer-with-d
eath-of-marjorie-amos-frazier/> 2010 | A public servant and Civil Rights
leaders who was honored in  <https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> 1993
when a portion of I-26 was named for her.

 <http://polisci.usca.edu/aasc/kitt.htm> Eartha Kitt | Orangeburg | Born
1927, died 2008 |  <https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> A world-famous
entertainer with a  star on Hollywood Boulevard. Although she had a hard
time landing jobs due to her refusal to perform for segregated audiences,
she went on to become well known for her 1953 recording of Santa Baby and
her role as Catwoman on TV's Batman.

 <http://www.biography.com/people/althea-gibson-9310580> Althea Gibson |
Sumter | Born 1927, died 2003 | In the 1950s,
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> she shattered racial barriers to
become the first African American to win world-championship tennis
tournaments such as Wimbledon, the French Open, the Australian Championship,
and the US National Championship (now the US Open).

 <http://scafricanamerican.com/honorees/sc-rep-lucille-simmons-whipper/>
Lucille Simmons Whipper | Charleston | Born 1928 | A Civil Rights pioneer
who was elected to various state and local offices- including the State
House of Representatives- where she was the first black woman ever elected
from the Berkeley-Charleston-Dorchester area.  A
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> stretch of US-17 is named in her
honor.

 <https://scafricanamerican.com/honorees/dr-james-a-blake-sr/> James A.
Blake, Sr. | Marion | Born 1930, died 2006 | He was the
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> first African American member of
the South Carolina State Board of Education and its first African American
chair.

 <https://www.biography.com/people/james-brown-9228350> James Brown |
Barnwell | Born 1933, died 2006 | He became known as the "Godfather of Soul"
and was called "The Hardest Working Man in Show Business."

 <http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124692951> Juanita
Willmon-Goggins | Pendleton | Born 1934, died 2010 | Became the
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> first African American woman
elected to the SC House of Representatives.

 <https://www.knowitall.org/content/cecil-williams-civil-rights-sc> Cecil J.
Williams | Orangeburg | Born 1937 | At 14-years old, Williams was hired by
<https://www.knowitall.org/photo/cecil-j-williams-road-trip> JET Magazine to
record the images of the Civil Rights movement in South Carolina. He went on
to write  <http://www.cecilwilliams.com/books/freedom-justice1> Freedom &
Justice.

 <https://clyburn.house.gov/> James E. Clyburn | Columbia | Born 1940 | A
democratic politician who represented the 6th district of South Carolina in
the United States Congress. He has served in the House of Representatives
since 1993.

 <https://www.biography.com/people/chubby-checker-9542332> Chubby Checker |
Spring Gulley | Born 1941 | Ernest Evans, a.k.a. Chubby Checker, is best
known for his  <https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> 1960 summer hit-
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHGXwQeUk7M> The Twist.

 <https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/jesse-jackson> Jesse Jackson
| Greenville | Born 1941 | One of the nation's most prominent Civil Rights
leaders and two-time Democratic presidential candidate.

 <http://scafricanamerican.com/honorees/harvey-b-gantt/> Harvey B. Gantt |
Charleston | Born 1943 | He was the
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> first student to desegregate a
South Carolina college- Clemson University. He graduated with honors and
later received a Master's Degree in architecture from MIT. The Harvey B.
Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture in Charlotte is named in
his honor.

student to desegregate a South Carolina college- Clemson University. He
graduated with honors and later received a Master's Degree in architecture
from MIT. The
<https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjJnJ7i4ZPgAhVRtsAKHWzXDD0YABAAGg
JpbQ&sig=AOD64_1B_LbHp6gHhqnCU7jmQkUHrnZoqQ&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiy_5Hi4ZPgAhVPY6wK
HcRSBM4Q0Qx6BAgcEAE&adurl=> Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts
+ Culture in Charlotte is named in his honor.

 <https://gardenandgun.com/feature/a-lowcountry-legend-mary-jackson/> Mary
Jackson | Mount Pleasant | Born 1945 | She perfected the art of
<https://www.sciway.net/facts/sweetgrass-baskets.html> sweetgrass baskets
and her work has been exhibited in major museums throughout the country-
including the Smithsonian. In  <https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html>
2008, she was honored with the MacArthur "Genius Grant."

<https://sc.edu/uofsc/posts/2018/05/nasa_astronaut_charles_bolden_gives_coll
ection.php#.XFDHvs9KhTZ> Charles Bolden, Jr. | Columbia | Born 1946 | He
graduated from the Naval Academy, joined the US Marines, and rose to the
rank of Major General. He later became an astronaut, was the first black
administrator of NASA and flew  <https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html>
four missions in space.

 <https://www.scprt.com/about/facts-and-faqs/famous-south-carolinians> Dr.
Ronald McNair | Lake City | Born 1950, died 1986 | He became the second
African American to fly in space and was one of the seven astronauts who
died in the Space Shuttle Challenger tragedy in 1986.

 <https://scafricanamerican.com/honorees/bennie-lee-cunningham-jr/> Bennie
Lee Cunningham, Jr. | Laurens | Born 1954, died 2018 | He was the
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> f
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> irst black athlete to receive
Clemson University's "Frank Howard Award." He was chosen in the first round
of the NFL draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he played in two Super
Bowls. He eventually returned to Clemson to earn his Master's Degree.

 <https://www.biography.com/people/viola-davis-20724203> Viola Davis | St.
Matthews | Born 1965 | She is the only black woman to be nominated three
times for an Academy Award; the only African American to win the "
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> Triple Crown of Acting," by
earning two Tonys for King Hedley II and Fences; she won an Emmy for How To
Get Away With Murder and the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for the
screen version of Fences in 2017.

 <https://www.scott.senate.gov/> Tim Scott | North Charleston | Born 1965 |
>From growing up in a low-income, single-parent household, Scott was
eventually elected to the Charleston County Council, to the South Carolina
State House, and the U.S. House of Representatives. In January 2013, Tim was
sworn in as a United States Senator from South Carolina and was re-elected
in January 2017. He is an advocate for low-income families and works to
ensure children have access to quality education.

 <https://www.dariusrucker.com/> Darius Rucker | Charleston | Born 1966 |
Darius became famous as the lead singer for  <https://www.hootie.com/>
Hootie & the Blowfish, before creating a solo career in country music. He is
well-known in the Charleston community for his community services efforts.

 <http://scafricanamerican.com/honorees/kimberly-clarice-aiken/> Kimberly
Clarice Aiken | Columbia | Born 1975 | After being crowned
<https://www.sciway.net/afam/byname.html> Miss America in 1994, she used her
fame to found  <http://hero-usa.org/programs/index.html> HERO- the Homeless
Education and Resource Organization.

 <https://www.biography.com/people/chadwick-boseman-21062761> Chadwick
Boseman | Anderson | Born 1977 | American actor known for his portrayals of
Jackie Robinson and James Brown. He also plays the superhero, Black
Panther."

              The following meetings are scheduled on the Zoom platform this
month. You are welcome to attend any of these meetings, even if you are not
a member of the chapter or committee.  All Committee meetings are open to
the public for listening. Contact President Bazer if you would like to be
added to any NFB of SC committee so that information stays current on our
website and membership list.  Here is what is coming up on Zoom for the
month. All meetings are on the main Federation ID of 803-254-3777, unless
noted.

Dates & Times of meetings are subject to change.

              Monday, February 22, 2021

Anderson Chapter Meeting 6:00 PM Rocky Bottom

Doing Our Fair Share Committee Meeting 7:00 PM

              Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Get Fit with Sports and Rec, 5:30 pm

Diversity & Inclusion Committee Meeting 8:00 PM

              Thursday, February 25, 2021

Social Media Committee Meeting 7:30 PM

              Saturday, February 27, 2021

Get Fit with the Sports & Rec Division 8:00 AM

Charleston Chapter Meeting, 1:00 p.m.

              NFB of SC Federation Center is inviting you to a scheduled
Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFB of SC Chapter and Committee meetings

Times are in  Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

*
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8032543777?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09

Meeting ID: 803 254 3777

Passcode: 124578

One tap mobile

+19292056099,,8032543777# US (New York)

Palmetto Connects

*	             We will have our next palmetto connects meeting on
Thursday,  March 4 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern time.  Please encourage your
chapters, divisions, committees to attend to learn about the latest
happenings in the NFB of SC! All are welcome from everywhere!

              PAC Plan Challenge:

              We will be running a contest from December 5, 2020  through
May 31, 2021 for our NFB of SC affiliate. We are currently 13 and would like
to be in the top 10 or higher. One of our members would like to see us as an
affiliate contribute $1,500 to PAC each month between chapters, divisions,
individuals and our NFB of SC affiliate. If you join PAC, your name will be
entered into a drawing for a $100 visa gift card. If you increase your PAC
donation, your name will be entered into a different $100 visa gift card
drawing. I have a list of chapters, divisions, and individuals who are on
PAC at this time. On June 1, I will ask the national office for another list
which I will use to have the two drawings on June 1. There are many ways to
give. Below, is a little about PAC.

              Thank you for your interest in the National Federation of the
Blind's Pre-Authorized Contribution (PAC) program. This program allows you
to contribute to the NFB through recurring monthly donations. These can be
direct withdrawals from a checking account or charges to a credit card.
Please contact pac at nfb.org <mailto:pac at nfb.org>  with any questions. Thank
you for your generosity.

              You can go to https://www.nfb.org/pac to complete the online
form.

              You may also call the national office at 410-659-9314
extension 2622 or email PAC at nfb.org <mailto:PAC at nfb.org>  with questions.

              There are several chapters and divisions within our state who
are on PAC and we are grateful for those contributions. There are
individuals who are on PAC and we are appreciative of those members who give
each month. As an affiliate, we are averaging $17.41 per person and less
than 10% of our members are on PAC. Let's see if we can increase those
percentages to over $20 per month and have at least 20% of our members on
PAC. I appreciate you considering to get on the PAC plan or increasing your
donation each month!

Movie Night, Friday, March 5 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern:

The National Federation of the Blind of SC will hold a movie night on
Friday, March 5, 2021 at 8:00 PM Eastern. Please gather your favorite candy
and popcorn and choice of beverage and join the Palmetto affiliate for an
audio described movie night!

NFB of SC Talent Show, March 20, Deadline for Entries, March 1

The National Federation of the Blind of SC (NFB of SC) Would like to invite
you to the 1st ever virtual talent show fundraiser benefitting the NFB of
SC!

Everyone has a talent. What is Yours?

*	Singing
*	Comedy
*	Dancing
*	Reading poetry
*	Playing an instrument

The NFB of SC has an opportunity for you to show off your talent through our
2021 Virtual Talent Show!!! You will also be eligible for prizes if you
place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the voting!

Prizes awarded

1st place: 10% of the total proceeds, and a plaque donated by Linda Dizzley,
President  of the Lee County Chapter.

2nd place: 5% of the total proceeds, and a plaque donated by Linda Dizzley,
President  of the Lee County Chapter.

3rd place: 3% of the total proceeds, and a plaque donated by Linda Dizzley,
President  of the Lee County Chapter.

Here is how our talent show will work.

*	Pay $15 to register to enter your talent via Pay Pal or other
approved method.
*	Submit a 90 second video to Steve Cook at cookcafe at sc.rr.com
<mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com>
*	Once your video has been approved it will be posted on the website
www.nfbofsc.org <http://www.nfbofsc.org> .
*	Next, invite all of your family, friends, coworkers, former
teachers, fellow church members,  doctors, mail carriers, etcetera, to watch
your video and vote for you. A $1 donation is one vote.  For example, if a
person donated $25 for you, then you would receive 25 individual votes. A
person can vote for you as many times as they choose.
*	When creating your video, please be sure to narrate any movement or
action, so that the blind voters will know what you are doing, especially if
it is a visual talent, such as dancing.  .
*	All videos and registration fees must be submitted by March 1, 2021
at 11:59 PM eastern to be considered for the contest.
*	Votes will be accepted until Saturday, March 20 2021, at 2:00 PM
eastern.
*	We will announce the winners on Saturday, March 20 2021 at 4:00PM
eastern.
*	Each participant will be assigned a contestant number for voting
purposes. When a person makes their vote, they will have to include the
contestants number in order for the vote to count for them.

Voting and Registration

To Vote Electronically:

To pay your $15 registration fee, go to www.nfbofsc.org
<http://www.nfbofsc.org>  and click on the Donations link.

Votes can be cast on the same site by clicking on the donation link. $1 per
vote. There is no limit to the number of times a voter can vote. Please
remember that a vote will not go to the contestant unless their contestant
number is included in the "for" line of the payment.

To Vote by Mail

If you would like to vote for a contestant, but are unable to access the
above electronic payment method. You can send a check or money order to the
address below.  On the memo line, be sure to put "talent show contestant
number." If the contestant number is not on this line, your vote will not
count, and your donation will be greatly appreciated!  Please have all
payments mailed no later than March 15th to allow for them to be received
and recorded.

Federation Center of the Blind

119 S Kilbourne Road

Columbia, SC 29205.

To register, please include the following information.

*	Name
*	Address
*	City, State and ZIP
*	Home Phone
*	Cell Phone
*	Work Phone
*	Email Address
*	NFB member?  Yes or No.
*	If yes, which chapter?
*	If no, do we have your permission to contact you about getting
involved?  Yes or No.

A Message From Ruth Sager, President of the NFB Seniors division

(Rsager78 at gmail.com <mailto:Rsager78 at gmail.com> )

The Seniors Division of the NFB will once again offer learning opportunities
this Spring. We will be switching to the Zoom platform. This will enable
people who would like to use the "Closed Caption" feature to do so.

Date: WEDNESDAY, February 24

Time: 4:00 PM Eastern

Topic: Shelley Coppel will present Techniques for Organizing your Kitchen
and demonstrate some cooking techniques.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/92237336839?pwd=Mm9yTmZDRmxWaGgzZ1cyVjdwcVpPUT09

One tap mobile:

+13017158592,,92237336839#,,,,*345# US (Washington DC)

+16468769923,,92237336839#,,,,*345# US (New York)

Dial by your location:

+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 922 3733 6839

              Leadership Seminar:

              Our next leadership seminar will be April 10, 2021 at the
Federation Center. All presidents of divisions and chapters along with
Federation Center board members, Rocky Bottom board members and NFB of SC
board members are encouraged to attend in-person or through zoom. Others who
are interested are welcome to attend via zoom or in-person as well.

              If you notify David Houck by April 5, 2021 whether you plan to
attend on zoom or in-person, your name will be entered into a $50 gift card
drawing. You must be present to win. There will be additional door prizes
throughout the seminar; only individuals who notify David by calling
803-254-3777 or emailing nfbsc at sc.rr.com <mailto:nfbsc at sc.rr.com>  about
your zoom or in-person attendance will be entered into the $50 gift card
drawing. All are welcome from everywhere!

              Nationally:

National Convention-2021 Update and 2022 Announcement:

Announced during the  <https://youtu.be/fTFJ2fRD2gw?t=1866> 2021 Great
Gathering-In, this year's national convention will be held virtually from
July 6 through July 10, 2021, with the National Federation of the Blind of
Maryland as our host affiliate. Stay tuned for more details, which will be
posted at  <https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention>
nfb.org/convention. Registration for the 2021 NFB National Convention will
be coming soon. Also announced, the 2022 NFB National Convention will be
held from July 5-10 in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Latest Podcast: Meet Blindness Tech Pioneer Dean Blazie:

The Nation's Blind Podcast highlights different themes related to blindness,
independent living, and news from the National Federation of the Blind. On
this episode, Anil and Chris talk with Dean Blazie, who has been working
with blind people to develop technology we can use since the 1960s. Learn
more about
<https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2021-02/nations_blind_podcast_d
ean_blazie_2.mp3> Dean and the Braille'n'Speak in the recent podcast
episode.

Open House: Information for Non-Members Interested in Joining:

Please share with non-members the following: The National Federation of the
Blind invites blind people to learn more about being a member and the
benefits of membership on Wednesday, March 24, at 8:00 p.m. eastern. This is
a great opportunity to hear from active members and leaders on the myths and
uncertainties of the Federation. Sign up for the open-house gathering call
by emailing  <mailto:membership at nfb.org> membership at nfb.org or calling
410-659-9314, extension 2509.

Washington Seminar Recap:

Last week's Washington Seminar is a perfect example of what we can do when
we all work together. We had 393 Congressional meetings-many with the
elected member of Congress. We have twelve more meetings scheduled for this
week and five for next week. Four additional senators have cosponsored the
Access Technology Affordability Act, S. 212: Jeanne Shaheen (NH), Robert
Casey (PA), Shelley Moore Capito (WV), and Lisa Murkowski (AK).

In addition, we expect a number of additional cosponsors on H.R. 431 when
the House updates its cosponsor count.

We have had a number of representatives and senators reach out to us
regarding our three other issues. There is no question your advocacy is
paying off. We should have more to report on our issues in the near future.
On that note, please remember to report the ratings from your meetings in
the Washington Seminar portal. Also, if a particular office never responded
to your meeting request, it is not too late. I urge you to politely ask for
a meeting two or three times.

Independence Market Special Items for February:

Our product of the month is the Kenneth Jernigan Cornbread Kit. Dr. Jernigan
loved southern fried corn bread and he devised this kit. The kit contains a
cast iron muffin pan that makes twelve scallop-shaped muffins, an oil
measurer, disposable filling cups, and two cooking templates to guide you in
getting the batter into the muffin pan. Dr. Jernigan's "NFB cornbread"
recipe is included in print and Braille (Item # AIK08C; $15.00).  Kits are
flying off the shelves and quantities are limited. Order your Kenneth
Jernigan Cornbread Kit today.

The following products are currently on sale:

Carbon Fiber Rigid Long White Canes with Metal Glide Tips on sale (ACF##S)
(Available in sizes ranging from 49 through 69 inches)

Solitaire and Fox & Geese (two board games in one) ITEM #AIG75G ($10)

Celebrating Black Leaders in the National Federation of the Blind:

In honor of Black History Month, on February 27, at 1:00 p.m., join Ron
Brown and Shawn Calloway as they discuss the characteristics of a good
leader and how they became leaders and sustained leadership roles in the
National Federation of the Blind.

Join Zoom Meeting
 <https://zoom.us/j/97730665309> https://zoom.us/j/97730665309

Meeting ID: 977 3066 5309
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,97730665309# US (Washington DC) 16468769923,,97730665309#
+US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 977 3066 5309

Final Thought:

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time.
We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
-Barack Obama

NFB Pledge - I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National
Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for
the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to
abide by its constitution.

NFB One Minute Message - "The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every
day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back."

If this message was forwarded to you and you would like to receive it
directly in your inbox, as well as, receive messages regarding the National
Federation of the Blind of South Carolina, please email Steve Cook at
cookcafe at sc.rr.com <mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com> .