[NFBofSC] Did you Take Advantage of Camera Guidance (tonight at 6:00 PM or Tuesday at 6:30 AM

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Tue Jan 19 21:49:50 UTC 2021

I think we should do something like in the below message here in SC!

Hi,

When meeting with legislators over Zoom, the legislators expect to be able
to see your smiling face. We want you to have your camera on. Admittedly,
many blind people aren't used to having their camera on and may not have a
good sense of how they are presented on camera. We are providing three
opportunities for our team members to meet with Tracy Yeager to get their
camera set up, ensure you are viewable in your camera, that your background
is OK and address other typical problems.

We have two remaining times:

Monday, January 18 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM

Tuesday, January 19 between 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM

Please note, you can drop by any of these three times and preferably not at
the beginning of the time window to get advice from Tracy. Tracy will work
with each person individually and you will be in her waiting room until she
lets each person in for a camera consult. As an AIRA virtual agent, Tracy is
very skilled at helping people to position their camera, adjust equipment
positioning, and make things work.

Typical problems include being too close to the camera, having the camera
looking up your nose, and presenting you with too much or too little
lighting. I have had the camera only showing my forehead, presenting me with
a glow that makes it look like I am talking from a medieval painting, or
having the camera angled to look up my nose.

We are expecting you to be attending these meetings in attire appropriate
for meeting with legislators. If you want to check out your look, Tracy
Yeager is glad to provide insights. It is not appropriate to wear political
statements on your shirt or have a sign behind you that makes a political
statement.

Tracy Yeager Can help you address these types of problems, but you need to
visit her Zoom room space at one of these three times.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2344960439

Meeting ID: 234 496 0439

If you do not have the Zoom App installed, Tracy may be able to help you get
it installed but that is not the primary purpose for these camera sessions.

One tap mobile

+131262667       99,,2344960439#

You can access via the telephone at 312 626-6799 and entering the meeting
ID. However, Tracy will need you to use the Zoom app on a computer or phone
to get the camera to work.

Tracy Soforenko

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

202-285-4595