[NFBofSC] FW: Item on PSAs for List Serve

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 14:43:52 UTC 2021

Dear Fellow Federationists:

Our Special Projects Consultant, Dominic Calabrese, has coordinated a number of public service events from the Governor’s Proclamation last year presented at the State House to editorials in SC newspapers extolling the virtues of the NFB of SC to these PSA spots and WVOC interviews as you see below.

Both 30-second and 15-second public service announcements (PSAs) about the NFBofSC and the Center's 60th anniversary are currently airing on WVOC Radio, Columbia's top rated news and talk station.  The PSAs, which were written by staff writer and consultant Dominic Calabrese, are narrated by Gary David, WVOC's program director and popular morning host.  They have been running throughout the day and night.  Be listening for them!

For your convenience, we are also attaching the PSAs here.  You should be able to access through an MP3 device.

In addition, Jennifer Bazer and Ed Bible are scheduled to appear on an upcoming edition of "Carolina Cares," a 30-minute public affairs program that runs on radio stations across the state.  Once we get an air date, we will let you know.

Cordially,

David Houck

Executive Director

Federation Center of the Blind