[NFBofSC] 2021 National Convention Agenda

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sun Jun 27 22:53:32 UTC 2021

Hi All,

Below and attached in a word document is the agenda to our 2021 National
Convention.

2021 ANNUAL CONVENTION

#NFB21

ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE

JULY 6 to JULY 10

WELCOME TO THE

81st ANNUAL CONVENTION OF THE

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

Mark A. Riccobono, President

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

John Berggren, Chairman

Convention Organization and Activities

WELCOME!

Welcome to the world’s largest gathering of the organized blind, the
National Federation of the Blind’s annual convention, where expectations are
raised and lives literally transformed. Our eighty-first convention is once
again being held virtually, just as it was last summer. If there was one
thing we learned during our first online convention, it is that a global
pandemic can do little to dampen the spirit of the Federation. As you read
through the agenda, it is clear there is no shortage of activity and
excitement throughout our organization. Whether you are learning about the
National Federation of the Blind for the first time or are a longtime member
curious about the latest accessible technology, you will find something to
meet your needs at this year’s convention. Take every opportunity to
explore, make new friends, and live the life you want at #NFB21.

ROOKIE ROUNDUP

All convention attendees are cordially invited to attend a welcoming Zoom
meeting the week before convention starts. President Riccobono and Board of
Directors Chairperson Pam Allen will be on hand to preview convention
activities and provide a historical perspective of the organization and how
it grew into the leading voice in the blindness field. If you are new to the
NFB, come learn a little more about our dynamic organization and the
extended family that could become your own.  Join us Tuesday, June 29, from
8:30 to 9:30 p.m. EDT (Zoom meeting ID  <https://zoom.us/j/99605070015> 996
0507 0015). We cannot wait to welcome you! In anticipation, check out our
First Timer’s Guide at
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/first-timers-guid#e>
https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/first-timers-guid
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/first-timers-guid#e> e.

INCLUSIVITY, DIVERSITY, AND CODE OF CONDUCT

We are committed to providing a welcoming, safe, and healthy environment for
everyone. Thank you for cultivating an atmosphere of mutual respect in which
participants from diverse backgrounds can learn, network, and share with
each other. We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression
of ideas. These principles have been outlined in our Code of Conduct found
at  <https://nfb.org/codeofconduct> https://nfb.org/codeofconduct.

We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold that atmosphere
for the benefit of all. Prohibited behaviors include harassment, sexual
misconduct, and inappropriate use of the NFB virtual convention platform.
Prohibited behavior or misuse of the platform will not be tolerated and may
result in removal from the convention and/or other consequences. For
assistance or to report an incident at the convention, please call
410-659-9314, extension 2475, or email  <mailto:code at nfb.org> code at nfb.org.
Formal reports can be submitted at
<https://www.nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct/code-condu
ct-complaint-report-form>
https://www.nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct/code-conduc
t-complaint-report-form. All formal reports will be fully investigated
according to the steps in our Code of Conduct. For support or guidance,
connect with our survivor-led task force at  <mailto:survivors at nfb.org>
survivors at nfb.org or extension 2238 or during the convention hours listed in
this agenda. Thank you for your commitment to the safety and support of the
blind community.

REGISTRATION

Convention registration remains open at https://nfb.org/registration. All
attendees are strongly encouraged to register. Though the deadline for
registrants to be eligible for convention voting has passed, there are still
several benefits to registering. You will receive the latest updates
regarding convention activities and get helpful tips for connecting to and
navigating sessions. You will also be eligible for door prizes throughout
the board meeting, general sessions, and banquet. Those without internet
access should reach out to their local chapter or affiliate for assistance.

EXHIBIT HALL

The Exhibit Hall at the national convention is always an exciting space to
check out the latest technology and many other products and services of
interest to the blind community. In a virtual environment, the exhibit hall
experience will be different than it is in person, but there are many ways
to connect, ask questions, and learn something new.

All attendees are encouraged to visit  <https://crowd.cc/nfb21>
https://crowd.cc/nfb21 (after June 25) where you will find many familiar and
some new exhibitors. View their profiles at any time. Interact during the
exhibit hall hours of operation. A list of exhibitors is available on our
convention webpage,  <https://nfb.org/convention>
https://nfb.org/convention.

Exhibit Hall hours of operation are:

Tuesday                               9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Wednesday                        9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Thursday                             9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Friday                                    9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Saturday                              9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

INDEPENDENCE MARKET

As with the Exhibit Hall, you cannot visit the NFB Independence Market in
person. However, the Market will continue to accept phone orders during
convention and has extended hours to reflect our multiple-time-zone
convention schedule this year.

Independence Market hours of operation are:

Tuesday                               9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Wednesday                        9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Thursday                             9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Friday                                    9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Saturday                              Closed

PRESIDENTIAL SUITE

For a second year, the Presidential Suite will be in a Zoom room, accessed
by connecting to https://zoom.us/j/2235173348. You will be able to leave a
message with the host for Mark Riccobono, the elected President of the
National Federation of the Blind. We will also have some limited
opportunities for individuals or groups to schedule appointments to speak
with him. Let the host know you would like to schedule a meeting and leave
your contact information so we can reach you with the appointment time.

Also, come mingle with other members in the Presidential Suite. A host will
be available to greet visitors, virtual meeting rooms will be available for
Federation members to talk to one other, and Federation leaders will be
available to answer questions and to make connections within the resource
network of the movement. The host will place you in a room when you arrive
in the suite. (Sorry, no popcorn or M&Ms provided.)

Presidential Suite hours are:

Tuesday              9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Wednesday        9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

                             6:00 to 8:00 p.m.

Thursday             9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

                             5:00 to 6:30 p.m.

Friday                  9:00 to 10:45 a.m.

Saturday             9:00 a.m. to12:00 p.m.

SURVIVOR SAFE SPACE

As a part of our ongoing efforts to provide safety, support, and inclusion
within the National Federation of the Blind, the Survivor Task Force is
providing a safe space for survivors and individuals who have been impacted
or harmed by sexual misconduct and other forms of abuse within the NFB and
affiliated programs/events. We welcome you to drop in for confidential peer
support, to discuss questions/concerns about ongoing safety and support
measures within the NFB, and to access resources for additional support.
Breakout rooms will be available for one-on-one confidential support. Visit
the safe space via Zoom meeting ID  <https://zoom.us/j/2023132945> 202 313
2945 Monday through Friday from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. and on Saturday between
6:30 and 7:30 p.m.

If you are not able to participate in the survivors’ safe space and need
additional support or have further questions during the convention, you may
email  <mailto:survivors at nfb.org> survivors at nfb.org or call 410-659-9314,
extension 2238. A member of the Survivor Task Force will respond to calls
within four hours of the time of your message between the hours of 10:00
a.m. to 10:00 p.m. during the week of convention.

SPECIAL ATTENTION ITEMS

*        The national convention agenda has been assembled using eastern
daylight time (EDT). Please be mindful to convert published times to your
appropriate time zone.

*        The convention host affiliate, the NFB of Maryland, will host a
Convention Breakfast Club from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. each morning during
convention. The Breakfast Club hosts will review the day’s agenda and
provide access phone numbers and codes for those who need them. Participants
be prepared with a writing tool to take down times and access information
for the events they plan to attend. The Breakfast Club can be accessed via
phone each day by dialing 339-209-4083.

*        The NFB’s 2021 National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
Division (NOPBC) Conference, held each year in conjunction with the National
Federation of the Blind’s National Convention, will also be convened
virtually. For more information about this year’s NOPBC conference, titled
“Empowering Our Children: Maximizing Skills, Opportunities, and Dreams,”
email Carlton Walker at  <mailto:president at nopbc.org> president at nopbc.org.

PRE-CONVENTION EVENTS

 WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2021

6:00 - 7:30 PM—FEASTING TOGETHER: COOKING AND COCKTAILS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92106938384> 921 0693 8384

Prepare for the banquet. Federationists Regina Mitchell and Hoby Wedler will
share a couple of recipes and give tips to having a successful banquet
dinner.

 MONDAY, JULY 5, 2021

10:00 AM - 5:00 PM—CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN REHABILITATION AND EDUCATION FOR
THE BLIND—TWENTIETH ANNUAL REHABILITATION AND ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY
CONFERENCE

Registration (online before July 3rd at
<https://nbpcb.org/members/er.php?eid=434>
https://nbpcb.org/members/er.php?eid=434): Professionals: $50 and Students
free. Sponsors: National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB)
and the Professional Development & Research Institute on Blindness (PDRIB)
at the Louisiana Tech University.

Colin Wong and Joni Martinez, Co-Chairs

7:30 - 9:30 PM—NFB LOL COMEDY NIGHT

Zoom meeting ID: 985 9871 5785 <https://zoom.us/j/98598715785>

The host affiliate is hosting the first-ever LOL Comedy Night, which brings
blind comedians right to the virtual stage to make us laugh out loud.
Attendees who are NFB members and who registered for the 2021 convention by
May 31, 2021, will be eligible to vote on their favorite comedian.
Participation is free.

Ronza Othman, Coordinator

CONVENTION AGENDA

 TUESDAY, JULY 6, 2021

10:00 AM - 5:00 PM—CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN REHABILITATION AND EDUCATION FOR
THE BLIND—TWENTIETH ANNUAL REHABILITATION AND ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY
CONFERENCE

Registration (online before July 3rd at
<https://nbpcb.org/members/er.php?eid=434>
https://nbpcb.org/members/er.php?eid=434): Professionals: $50 and Students
free. Sponsors: National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB)
and the Professional Development & Research Institute on Blindness (PDRIB)
at the Louisiana Tech University.

Colin Wong and Joni Martinez, Co-Chairs

10:00 - 11:00 AM—TARGET: AN APP FOR ALL GUESTS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94163807033> 941 6380 7033

Join Target’s accessibility team for an overview of the Target app,
including a description of the layout, features, ways to save money, and how
to get what you need however you want it. Learn some tips and tricks to
navigate a complex app with ease.

Steve Decker, Lead Accessibility Consultant, Target

10:00 AM - 12:00 PM—ORIENTATION TO THE 2021 NFB CAREER FAIR

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92329589892> 923 2958 9892

This event is designed to help employers and job seekers prepare for the
Career Fair. Employers will talk about their staffing needs. Job seekers
will learn how to make the best pitch to employers. Both will get
last-minute information and their questions answered.

Dick Davis, Chair

11:00 AM - 12:30 PM—WHAT’S NEW WITH JAWS, FUSION, AND ZOOMTEXT

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92122470842> 921 2247 0842

In this interactive session, we’ll discuss what’s new in JAWS, ZoomText, and
Fusion 2021, and look ahead to 2022 releases later this year!

Eric Damery, Vice President, Software Product Management, Vispero

12:00 - 1:00 PM—TARGET: CREATING A MORE ACCESSIBLE WORKPLACE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93683082758> 936 8308 2758

Learn how Target is building a more accessible and inclusive workplace.
We’ll share some of the work we’ve done to ensure blind people can do our
jobs. We’re also building accessibility into our culture. Hear about how
accessibility benefits Target and all our guests.

Steve Decker, Lead Accessibility Consultant, Target

12:00 - 1:00 PM—THE ACCESSIBILITY GAP

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94789020709> 947 8902 0709

Over three hundred and fifty new websites are created each minute in the
United States. The number of accessible websites is less than 2 percent.
Come explore ways to decrease this widening internet accessibility gap.

Michael Hingson, Chief Vision Officer, AccessiBe

12:00 - 1:30 PM—B&O RAILROAD MUSEUM TOUR: MARYLAND ON THE RAILS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95781371847> 957 8137 1847

This virtual tour will examine how before 1827 Maryland became an ideal
location for the B&O Railroad, and as a result, how the B&O Railroad has
continued to contribute to the robust history of this state.

12:00 - 2:00 PM—BLACK LEADERS SERVING ADVANCEMENT

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97853612032> 978 5361 2032

Celebrate the numerous contributions of black Federation leaders. Let’s
inspire youth through personal empowerment, leadership development, and
mentorship. All are welcome to attend.

Shawn Callaway, Denise Avant, and Richard Payne, Moderators

12:00 - 2:00 PM—INTERSECTING DISABILITIES

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/99610166214> 996 1016 6214

Come learn about the lived experiences of members who have multiple
disabilities.

Bobbi Pompey and Anahit LaBarre, Co-Facilitators

12:00 - 3:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS

Registration required. Email  <mailto:president at nopbc.org>
president at nopbc.org for details.

12:30 - 2:00 PM—BLIND MUSLIMS GROUP SEMINAR

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94694774339> 946 9477 4339

Diverse in culture, united in faith: finding our space in the blindness
movement. Join us to learn about our group and our involvement in the NFB.
Participate in a discussion on intersection between faith and blindness,
access, inclusion, diversity, identity, and advocacy.

Tasnim Ashuli, Chair

1:00 - 2:00 PM—NFB IN THE KITCHEN

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94174759871> 941 7475 9871

This meeting is to gauge interest in a new Federation group that would
connect blind people with the tools, techniques, and resources useful to
build confidence in the kitchen and to serve as a community for cooking
enthusiasts who happen to be blind. Bring your ideas and enthusiasm.

Regina Mitchell, Chair

1:00 - 2:00 PM—HUMANWARE’S ALL ABOUT BRAILLE SHOWCASE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96012317685> 960 1231 7685

Discuss all that is new and exciting with HumanWare’s wide range of Braille
products! Meet our new intelligent Braille displays and get an overview of
all that is coming on the BrailleNote Touch Plus.

Peter Tucic, Brand Ambassador of Blindness Products

1:00 - 2:30 PM—MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94321835109> 943 2183 5109

Affiliate membership chairs, membership committee members, chapter
presidents, and all Federationists are encouraged to join us in reflecting
on the virtual year of COVID, as well as finding new and creative ways to
build our membership. Sharing best practices across the Federation will take
our chapters, affiliates, and our national organization to the next level.

Kathryn Webster and Tarik Williams, Co-Chairs

1:00 - 4:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF GUIDE DOG USERS (NAGDU) SEMINAR

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97524428051> 975 2442 8051

Celebrating the work of puppy raisers everywhere. Get updates from the
various guide dog training programs and learn how you can help to improve
the rights of all guide dog users.

Raul Gallegos, President

1:00 - 4:00 PM—NFB NATIONAL CAREER FAIR

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95687433935> 956 8743 3935

Looking for a job? This event brings blind job seekers looking for rewarding
careers together with employers who want to hire them. Job seekers must
preregister at  <https://nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration>
https://nfb.org/form/career-fair-jobseeker-registration.

Sponsored by the NFB Employment Committee.

Dick Davis, Chair

1:00 PM - 4:45 PM—EMPOWERING OUR CHILDREN: MAXIMIZING SKILLS, OPPORTUNITIES,
AND DREAMS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/4140520261> 414 052 0261

Sponsored by the NFB’s National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
(NOPBC) division. For more details, visit  <https://nopbc.org>
https://nopbc.org.

Carlton Cook Walker, President

1:00 - 2:00 PM—NOPBC General Session

2:00 - 2:45 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops, Session I

Accessibyte—Touch Typing, Flash Cards, Games
 Fun for All!

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/4140520261> 414 052 0261

Reading to Learn the Code: the Natural Order of Contractions

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96062161931> 960 6216 1931

What Is Structured Discovery?

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96411234247> 964 1123 4247

Helping Kids of All Ages Explore the Kitchen

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94782744209> 947 8274 4209

The Truth about Perfection: Confessions of NOPBC Board Members

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92110754543> 921 1075 4543

2:45 - 4:00 PM— NOPBC General Session Reconvened

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/4140520261> 414 052 0261

4:00 - 4:45 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops, Session II

NFB-NEWSLINE®: It’s Not Just for Adults Anymore

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/4140520261> 414 052 0261

The Wilson Reading System: Reading Success with Dyslexia

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92913382130> 929 1338 2130

Regaining Travel Confidence After a Year of Being Home

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96966334878> 969 6633 4878

Teaching Boundaries, Consent, and Relationship Rules

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/91480425687> 914 8042 5687

The End of the IEP Road and the Transition to College

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94699237875> 946 9923 7875

1:30 - 2:00 PM—SCANNING THE IDEAL OCR SOLUTION FROM VISPERO

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95952102574> 959 5210 2574

Did you know the perfect scanning solution is built right into JAWS? It’s
called Convenient OCR. And, if you don’t want anything to do with a
computer, it is not problem. Ron Miller and Jeff Bazer will show you several
simple scanning options with one press of a button.

Jeff Bazer, Sales Director, Vispero, and Ron Miller, Blindness Technology
Product Specialist, Vispero

2:00 - 3:00 PM—PEARSON DISABILITY MENTORING PROGRAM

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92076975702> 920 7697 5702

The Pearson Disability Mentoring Program has targeted the dangerous
combination of low expectations and a lack of knowledge about exploring
career goals that leads to underemployment of disabled college graduates.
Join this session to learn how Mentoring Changes Lives.

John Tweeddale, Senior Vice President, Higher Education Services, Pearson

2:00 - 3:30 PM—PRESIDENTS AND TREASURERS SEMINAR

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92310555033> 923 1055 5033

All state affiliate presidents and treasurers are asked to attend this
session. We will focus on the financial expectations for a new president and
treasurer, as well as the proper way to transition out of these positions.
Participants can discuss state issues with facilitators Nick Lambright and
Bridgid Burke.

2:00 - 3:30 PM—NASA GODDARD SPACE FLIGHT CENTER TOUR

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/98911837672> 989 1183 7672

On this virtual tour, you will learn about the nation’s first space flight
center that now also has the largest combined organization of scientists and
engineers dedicated to increasing knowledge of Earth, the solar system, and
the universe via observations from space.

2:00 - 4:00 PM—GREEK AND MASONIC GROUP

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/98259995697> 982 5999 5697

Are you a member of a national Greek organization, the Masons, or the
Eastern Star? Help build our relationships with Greek letter organizations
to ensure inclusion and participation, to engage in fundraising, and to
serve as a resource for the blind considering membership.

Shawn Callaway, Chair

2:00 - 4:00 PM—PRONOUNS, PRIDE, AND MORE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97931600458> 979 3160 0458

Come learn about the importance of pronouns. An educational seminar focused
on addressing this and other common misconceptions.

Bobbi Pompey and Kaden Colton, Co-Facilitators

2:00 - 6:00 PM—NFB-NEWSLINE® DEMONSTRATION OPEN HOUSE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94107377108> 941 0737 7108

Have you never heard of NFB-NEWSLINE? Are you a new user? Are you a seasoned
pro and want to learn more of the detailed features of the service? Stop by
and learn how the information sources of NFB-NEWSLINE can help you become
part of your community’s conversation!

2:30 - 4:00 PM—BLIND FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92545788239> 925 4578 8239

Come learn about issues facing federal employees and applicants. Share your
experiences with and your solutions to federal workplace challenges.

Ronza Othman, Chair

3:00 - 4:00 PM—MANAGING THE FINANCIAL EFFECTS OF COVID-19

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93781799990> 937 8179 9990

The COVID-19 pandemic has affected our personal, professional, and social
lives. Join this session to learn how to regain control of your financial
well-being and build financial resiliency to buffer yourself against future
emergencies and economic shocks.

Mia Russell, Wells Fargo, and Katie Metz, National Disability Institute

3:00 - 4:00 PM—LIGHTHOUSE PRESENTS: TACTILE MAPS AND MORE!

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92618487109> 926 1848 7109

LightHouse in San Francisco invites you to hear how our MAD Lab TMAPs can
help you learn a city block or navigate a new neighborhood and how tactile
intersection diagrams can enhance O&M instruction. Find out how you can
touch the news. Learn about our online Adaptations store.

Sheri Albers, Community Outreach Coordinator, San Francisco LightHouse

3:00 - 4:30 PM—AIRA ACCESS: WORK, SCHOOL, EVERYWHERE!

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97416932013> 974 1693 2013

Want to know how to make your work or school an Aira Access location? Join
us for strategies and case studies.

Jenine Stanley, Director, Customer Communications, Aira

3:00 - 5:00 PM—RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC PROFESSIONALS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/98193584017> 981 9358 4017

The National Federation of the Blind Blindness Initiatives’ Research
Advisory Council invites interested individuals to discuss current research,
discuss publication in the Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research
(JBIR) and share ideas for increasing the research and academic presence of
the NFB.

Lou Ann Blake, Director of Research Programs, National Federation of the
Blind

3:00 - 5:00 PM—WHAT’S NEW WITH AMAZON ACCESSIBILITY

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/91349285721> 913 4928 5721

Join us for demos and discussion of accessible Amazon products including
Alexa and Smart Home, Fire TV at home and in your car, Fire tablets for
school and work, audio description on Prime Video, books and shopping, and,
of course, exciting Amazon prizes for lucky attendees.

Peter Korn, Director of Accessibility, Amazon

4:00 - 5:00 PM—SAFETY AND SUPPORT TRAINING: BOUNDARIES AND CONSENT

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/6645614114> 664 561 4114

This workshop will discuss ways in which we can build safe, stronger, and
more connected communities by building an organizational culture of consent.
Come join the Survivor Task Force and Consent Academy to become a consent
advocate for our entire community.

Sponsored by the NFB Survivor Task Force.

4:00 - 5:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS

Registration required. Email  <mailto:president at nopbc.org>
president at nopbc.org for details.

4:00 - 5:30 PM—HARRIET TUBMAN UNDERGROUND RAILROAD TOUR

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96125671553> 961 2567 1553

Virtually experience Harriet Tubman’s world through exhibits that chronicle
the life of this resourceful woman and the many others that helped her run
the Underground Railroad. Most people underestimated her tenacity and
strength.

4:30 - 6:00 PM—SSI AND SSDI 101: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/98893554670> 988 9355 4670

Have you ever wanted to know how Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) work or how you may benefit from
these programs? Join me as we explore the ins and outs of all things
benefits. Questions welcome!

Stephanie Flynt, NFB Government Affairs Specialist, National Federation of
the Blind

5:00 - 7:00 PM—NOPBC FAMILY GAME TIME

Zoom meeting ID: 967 3752 7512 <https://zoom.us/j/96737527512>

Drop in to discuss, play, and learn how to make accessible games.

Carlton Cook Walker, President

5:00 - 8:00 PM—2021 JOB SEEKER SEMINAR

Zoom meeting ID: 991 2558 1630 <https://zoom.us/j/99125581630>

Our annual seminar is bigger and better this year, with presenters on a
whole range of topics. New to the job market? Experienced person looking for
better opportunities? Want to know what employers really want? We’ve got you
covered!

Mary Ann Mendez, NFB Employment Committee Seminar Chair

5:30 - 7:30 PM—BUILDING AI WITH SUMAN KANUGANTI

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93312854946> 933 1285 4946

Personal AI is building with the public and learning in public to promote
radical truth to our customers. Join this discussion to learn more about how
we are working with our community to build an AI product that is accessible
and authentic to each member. Questions welcome!

Suman Kanuganti, CEO, Personal AI

6:00 - 7:30 PM—WEBMASTERS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92310424932> 923 1042 4932

We are excited to announce that the affiliate website redesign project is in
full swing. We welcome anyone responsible for affiliate or division web
content to join us for a discussion about this and other initiatives.

Corbb O’Connor, Chair

6:00 - 8:00 PM—DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION OPEN MEETING

Zoom meeting ID: 929 4841 3820 <https://zoom.us/j/92948413820>

Attend our annual meeting to hear about our activities and to learn how you
can become involved with our committee. Let’s learn from each other to grow
our understanding and to increase our impact around diversity, equity, and
inclusion.

Shawn Callaway and Colin Wong, Co-Chairs

6:00 - 9:00 PM—NFB LEGAL OFFICE HOURS

Meet with a disability rights attorney to discuss blindness discrimination
concerns regarding employment, technology, education, voting, travel, COVID
vaccinations, housing, parental rights, and more. Schedule your appointment
by emailing vyingling at nfb.org
<file:///C:/Users/sskaarer/Dropbox/2020%20convention/agenda/vyingling@nfb.or
g> .

6:30 - 8:00 PM—NABS STUDENT NETWORKING

Zoom meeting ID: 949 4020 2508 <https://zoom.us/j/94940202508>

We know we’re not in person this year, but we still want to form lasting
connections for all students at the 2021 NFB National Convention. This isn’t
your typical networking event. Come kick off your week NABS-style with
high-energy and interactive activities.

Trisha Kulkarni, President

7:00 - 9:00 PM—LEGISLATIVE MEET UP

Zoom meeting ID: 990 7360 1724 <https://zoom.us/j/99073601724>

A recap of Washington Seminar, a rundown of priorities, and an opportunity
for legislative directors and others interested in advocating for the rights
of the nation’s blind to exchange strategies to move our legislative
priorities at the local, state, and federal levels.

Stephanie Flynt and Jeff Kaloc, NFB Government Affairs Specialists, National
Federation of the Blind

7:00 - 10:00 PM—NOPBC PARENT OPEN HOUSE

Zoom meeting ID: 414 052 0261 <https://zoom.us/j/4140520261>

Drop in to speak with NOPBC board members and other convention veterans.
Relax, chat, meet new families and teachers, and connect with old friends.

Carlton Cook Walker, President

7:30 - 8:30 PM—JUDAISM MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97701507592> 977 0150 7592

Join us to discuss the reopening of synagogues and how this influences us as
blind attendees.

David Stayer, Chair, NFB in Judaism Group

8:00 - 10:00 PM—NATIVE AMERICAN EXPERIENCES

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94035467033> 940 3546 7033

Hear from the voices of Native Americans in the Federation. Do you identify
as a Native American or are part of a First Nation? Come find support and/or
learn about this cultural group.

Justin Salisbury and Aaron Timm, Co-Facilitators

8:00 - 10:00 PM—BLIND PARENTS GROUP

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93862147607> 938 6214 7607

There are many books on how to be the best parent, but not many on how to be
the best blind parent. Meet the people writing the pages of the book on how
to be a blind parent by simply living and not letting blindness hold them
back from raising families. You won't want to miss this meeting!

Lisamaria Martinez, Chair

8:00 - 10:00 PM—ONE VOICE: STRONGER TOGETHER

Enjoy a night of performance and support our work changing what it means to
be blind, one stage at a time. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased online
by visiting  <http://www.nfb.org/concert> www.nfb.org/concert or by calling
the Independence Market at 410-659-9314, extension 2216.

Hosted by the Performing Arts Division and the National Federation of the
Blind.

9:00 - 10:30 PM—THE TECHNOLOGY EVALUATION COMMITTEE EXHIBITOR’S SHOWCASE

Zoom meeting ID: 951 1858 8529 <https://zoom.us/j/95118588529>

All are invited to join the Technology Evaluation Committee’s Exhibitor’s
Showcase to learn about low- to high-tech products from vendors. From
hardware to software and more. You can hear the latest from everyone at this
meeting. You do not have to be on the committee to attend.

Mark Jones, Chair

9:00 - 11:00 PM—CULTIVATING ASIAN/PACIFIC ISLANDER IDENTITIES

Zoom meeting ID: 980 5864 6441 <https://zoom.us/j/98058646441>

Connect with blind Asian members to discuss cultural practices and to share
strategies for approaching vision loss. Provide your insight on delivering
culturally relevant outreach, including producing materials, messaging
techniques, and identifying needed resources.

Priscilla Yeung and Zainub Cementwala, Co-Facilitators

9:00 - 11:00 PM—BLIND AND MENA: A DIFFERENT KIND OF BROWN

Zoom meeting ID: 947 7445 8111 <https://zoom.us/j/94774458111>

Members who are American Arab, North African, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and
Sikh face unique challenges in post-9/11 America, especially around
blindness and access to services. Join us to learn about identity,
stereotypes, and challenges experienced by these communities.

Ronza Othman and Yasmin Reyazuddin, Co-Facilitators

 WEDNESDAY, JULY 7

10:00 - 11:00 AM—JAWS POWER TIPS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/99813092164> 998 1309 2164

Join us as we cover the most popular JAWS power tips—each finely tuned for
optimal productivity, breaking down into step-by-step actions that come
together and perform some of the most powerful tasks. We’ll also share free
training resources at freedomscientific.com/Training.

Matt Ater, VP, Software Products, Vispero; Rachel Buchanan, Product Manager,
Training, Vispero; and Elizabeth Whitaker, Technical Trainer, Vispero

10:00 - 11:30 AM—GET CONNECTED IN YOUR EMPLOYMENT SEARCH

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93869322369> 938 6932 2369

Are you looking for employment? Do you want to enhance your employability?
Do you want to learn about assistive technology? The Chicago Lighthouse has
an educated and experienced team that can offer a variety of programs to
prepare you for employment.

Martha Younger-White, Senior Vice President, Employment & Rehabilitation
Services, Chicago Lighthouse

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM—INCLUSIVE LEARNING THROUGH INCLUSIVE DESIGN

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97909445232> 979 0944 5232

Inclusive design is about recognizing the diverse needs of users and
designing to meet those needs. At D2L we include people using diverse
assistive technologies and having diverse access needs in our research and
design process to ensure that everyone can use our learning platform.

Sam Chandrashekar, Accessibility Lead, D2L, and Carin Headrick,
Accessibility Test Strategist, D2L

11:30 AM - 1:30 PM—UPWARD MOBILITY SEMINAR

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92561111019> 925 6111 1019

Learning and growth are both keys to human advancement. Don’t settle for a
future (or a present) that’s limited. This seminar will provide you with
tools to help you live the life you want and have fun doing it.

Sponsored by the NFB Employment Committee.

Dick Davis, Chair

11:30 AM - 1:30 PM—MUJERES OF THE FEDERATION

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94355703405> 943 5570 3405

Come learn about cultural considerations regarding those who belong to this
cultural group. Learn and be inspired by members and leaders. What steps can
be taken to help Spanish speakers feel included into the Federation? How can
we work on culturally appropriate outreach?

Rosy Carranza and Kenia Flores, Co-Facilitators

12:00 - 1:00 PM—THE ACCESSIBILITY GAP

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94640993291> 946 4099 3291

Over three hundred and fifty new websites are created each minute in the
United States. The number of accessible websites is less than 2 percent.
Come explore ways to decrease this widening internet accessibility gap.

Michael Hingson, Chief Vision Officer, AccessiBe

12:00 - 1:30 PM—TIPS FOR BUILDING A JOURNALISM CAREER

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/91941398845> 919 4139 8845

Come join the Blind Professional Journalists Group as we discuss how we work
in an exciting, dynamic profession. Let’s exchange ideas on technology and
blindness skills to help us move forward.

Elizabeth Campbell, Chair

12:00 - 1:30 PM—BUILDING FINANCIAL RESILIENCE WITH ABLE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/98525088541> 985 2508 8541

In this session, experts on ABLE, including ABLE account holders, will
introduce you to ABLE accounts, discuss common misperceptions, and provide
suggestions and resources for leveraging ABLE to improve your financial
resiliency.

Bonnie Wallace, Wells Fargo, and Michael Morris, National Disability
Institute

12:00 - 1:30 PM—NFB JERNIGAN INSTITUTE TOUR

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95107328515> 951 0732 8515

This unique tour will be conducted by Mary Ellen Jernigan and Dr. Marc
Maurer, who were involved before there was a Jernigan Institute. They worked
with Dr. Jernigan and will share stories about the vision, development, and
growth of the NFB National Center for the Blind.

12:00 - 1:45 PM—NOPBC BREAKOUTS

12:00 - 12:45 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops, Session III

What Are JAWS, Zoomtext, and Fusion Anyway?

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/98465793370> 984 6579 3370

A New Generation of Braille Display: the Brailliant BI 20 and 40X

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95357793909> 953 5779 3909

What Is Structured Discovery?

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94433801222> 944 3380 1222

“Excuse Me, Blind Person”—Questions and Answers

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96768719867> 967 6871 9867

Paving the Way for Community Activities from Infancy to High School

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/99252560598> 992 5256 0598

1:00 - 1:45 PM—NOPBC Concurrent Workshops, Session IV

Be My Eyes, Aira, Seeing AI, and More

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94098368715> 940 9836 8715

The QBraille XL from HIMS and What Sets It Apart

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92708249609> 927 0824 9609

Learning Shades: Helping Parents Learn and Teach Nonvisual Skills

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/91678763307> 916 7876 3307

Tackling Mixed Messages Blind Kids Receive from a Sighted World

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92979625847> 929 7962 5847

How Braille Can Benefit All Children Who Have Low Vision

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/99234536820> 992 3453 6820

12:00 - 2:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS

Registration required. Email  <mailto:president at nopbc.org>
president at nopbc.org for details.

12:30 - 1:30 PM—SAFETY AND SUPPORT TRAINING: INCLUSION AND SAFETY

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/6645614114> 664 561 4114

Creating a culture that is safe and inclusive for all blind people takes
intentionality and commitment from each person at every level of an
organization. Learn strategies and approaches for navigating difficult
conversations with empathy, openness, compassion, and trauma-informed
support.

Sponsored by the NFB Survivor Task Force.

12:30 - 1:30 PM—ACCESSIBLE PRESCRIPTION LABEL LEGISLATION

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/99590727916> 995 9072 7916

Find out about the current state of accessible prescription labeling
legislation, what states have passed and have pending legislation, and how
you can get legislation passed in your state.

Sharla Glass, Public Policy and Community Outreach Liaison, Envision America

12:30 - 1:30 PM—LEADER DOGS FOR THE BLIND

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95471035017> 954 7103 5017

We’re more than just dogs! Join us as we discuss the free programs and
services that Leader Dog has to offer including guide dog training,
orientation and mobility, a summer experience camp for teens, and our new
virtual learning opportunities.

Leslie Hoskins, Outreach Services and Community Engagement Manager, Leader
Dogs for the Blind

12:30 - 1:30 PM—HUMANWARE’S LOW VISION AND VR TREK SHOWCASE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93035571926> 930 3557 1926

Explore HumanWare’s low-vision portfolio starting with the Reveal 16 and the
Explore magnifiers. Be excited with a sneak preview of its
soon-to-be-released new family member. Finally, learn how to easily manage
maps online and explore anywhere with the Victor Reader Trek.

Eric Beauchamp, Director of Product Management, HumanWare; Roger Steinberg,
Low Vision Product Manager, HumanWare; and Peter Tucic, Brand Ambassador of
Blindness Products, HumanWare

12:30 - 1:30 PM—AIRA ROADMAP: WHAT’S NEW AND WHAT’S COMING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97932525705> 979 3252 5705

Come hear from Aira’s Product Manager and UX designer about what has been
happening behind the scenes at Aira and find out what you can expect in the
next twelve months. You will also get to meet our engineering team and ask
any questions you may have about our product.

Ryan Bishop, Product Manager, Aira

2:00 - 4:30 PM—NFB BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING (Open to All)

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94514533422> 945 1453 3422

5:00 PM—RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94514533422> 945 1453 3422

Sharon Maneki, Chair

5:00 - 6:00 PM—CHROME AND CHROME OS ACCESSIBILITY UPDATES

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/99345030189> 993 4503 0189

Get the latest on Chromebook accessibility, including new ChromeVox
tutorials. Hear what's new with Chrome browser accessibility on all
platforms, including improved Live Caption and learn more about automatic
image descriptions which is now on Chrome on Android.

Akihiro Ota, Cynthia Shelley, and Kara Booker, Google

5:00 - 6:30 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS

Registration required. Email  <mailto:president at nopbc.org>
president at nopbc.org for details.

5:00 - 7:00 PM—RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/91769999720> 917 6999 9720

Technology is omnipresent in our lives. While it is invaluable in education
and employment, the blind are still excluded from many products. Hear about
new advances and discuss how to influence developers to include
accessibility in their offerings.

Brian Buhrow, Chair

5:00 - 7:00 PM—FUTURE OF VOTING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92514675511> 925 1467 5511

Join us for three panel discussions focused on mobile voting:

Increasing Voting Accessibility through Mobile Voting moderated by Bradley
Tusk, CEO, Tusk Philanthropies

The Fight to Expand Access to Mobile Voting for Voters with Disabilities
moderated by Jocelyn Bucaro, Director, Mobile Voting Project

Case Study - Piloting Mobile Voting for Voters with Disabilities in Utah
County moderated by Jocelyn Bucaro, Director, Mobile Voting Project

5:00 - 7:00 PM—SPECTRUM ACCESSIBILITY Q&A

Zoom meeting ID: 954 8266 2286 <https://zoom.us/j/95482662286>

Please join Petr Kucheryavyy from Spectrum’s Accessibility Center of
Excellence for an open house Q&A session. You can come with specific
accessibility questions or simply stop by to ask what the current
accessibility features and offerings are at Spectrum.

Petr Kucheryavyy, Spectrum

6:00 - 7:00 PM—INDEPENDENCE SCIENCE: SCIENCE FOR THE SENSES

Zoom meeting ID: 979 2324 2879 <https://zoom.us/j/97923242879>

Come learn about Independence Science’s new product offerings and experience
some science experiments you can do from the comfort of your own home or in
class.

Michael Hingson, Lead Spokesperson, Independence Science, and Ashley
Neybert, Lead Curriculum Design Specialist, Independence Science

6:00 - 8:00 PM—CULTIVATING THE EXPERIENCES OF REFUGEES AND IMMIGRANTS

Zoom meeting ID: 946 1747 8857 <https://zoom.us/j/94617478857>

Learn about the lives of refugee and immigrants. This is an open forum for
those to learn more about personal experiences and finding support from
other members.

Abdi Munin, Yasmin Reyazuddin, and Amir Abdolrahimi, Moderators

6:00 - 9:00 PM—NFB LEGAL OFFICE HOURS

Meet with a disability rights attorney to discuss blindness discrimination
concerns regarding employment, technology, education, voting, travel, COVID
vaccinations, housing, parental rights, and more. Schedule your appointment
by emailing
<file:///C:/Users/sskaarer/Dropbox/2020%20convention/agenda/vyingling@nfb.or
g> vyingling at nfb.org.

7:00 - 8:00 PM—FAMILY FEUD: BLIND, INC. STYLE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/98888928510> 988 8892 8510

Survey says this will be a good time! Learn about what makes BLIND, Inc. a
good answer to getting blindness skills training as our two groups go
head-to-head in this fast-paced introduction to our training center.

Jennifer Kennedy, Executive Director

7:00 - 8:00 PM—IS A GUIDE DOG RIGHT FOR ME?

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97825936501> 978 2593 6501

Have you ever wondered if a guide dog was the right choice for your
mobility? Join Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind staff for an introductory
presentation on what a guide dog can do, the characteristics of a successful
guide dog handler, and our programs.

Lauren Berglund, Consumer Relations Coordinator, Guide Dog Foundation

7:00 - 8:00 PM—GET HIRED – TALENT NETWORK

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95684162853> 956 8416 2853

The Workforce Innovation Center talent network allows interested job seekers
who are blind or low vision to gain access to the latest job opportunities,
events, training sessions, and other career-related information.

Mika Pyyhkala, Director of Digital Accessibility, Envision

7:00 - 8:00 PM—WHAT’S NEW WITH THE COLLEGE SUCCESS PROGRAM?

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97638159477> 976 3815 9477

Join program director, Mary Alexander, program staff and mentors, Rachel
Grider and Dezman Jackson, to get an overview of the impact of the CSP and
to find out what’s been happening over the past year.

Mary Alexander, National Director, Initiatives for the Blind, Learning Ally

7:00 - 8:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS

Registration required. Email  <mailto:president at nopbc.org>
president at nopbc.org for details.

7:00 - 9:00 PM—NFB LGBTQIA+ GROUP

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95908289838> 959 0828 9838

Please join us for discussions on intersectionality, coming out,
presentation in the workplace, how to be an ally, and more. All are welcome.

Sanho Steele-Louchart, Chair

7:00 - 9:00 PM—COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93345843557> 933 4584 3557

Join together with chapter, affiliate, and division leaders to learn best
practices in communications. We’ll explore the tools available to us through
our national office and exchange ideas. Learn to effectively use
communication to build the Federation.

Liz Wisecarver, Chair

8:00 - 11:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND STUDENTS (NABS) ANNUAL
BUSINESS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID: 940 3595 6213 <https://zoom.us/j/94035956213>

We invite all students, avid learners, and allies to join us for our annual
national student division business meeting! Register below to reflect on
this crazy, unique year of virtual learning and look forward to the months
ahead.

https://forms.gle/D9jKCUTPt6HfPKUK8.

Trisha Kulkarni, President

8:30 - 10:30 PM—STATE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION OPEN FORUM

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95688685218> 956 8868 5218

Are you interested in hearing about or sharing about affiliate committees
for diversity, equity, and inclusion? Come to this open forum where
affiliates that currently have committees will discuss them.

Shawn Callaway, Facilitator

 THURSDAY, JULY 8, 2021

10:00 - 11:00 AM—APH: OUR HIGH-TECH BRAILLE JOURNEY CONTINUES

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95465515159> 954 6551 5159

APH made several significant announcements about its Braille product
portfolio in early 2020. What followed was an unforgettable year of Braille
innovation in a year best forgotten. Join us and learn about our innovative
journey, the year that was, and the year that is to come.

Greg Stilson, Director, Global Innovation, American Printing House

10:00 - 11:00 AM—THE ART OF NSITE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93373627283> 933 7362 7283

This session will provide insight into how discovery, creativity,
innovation, and entrepreneurship become the catalysts to strengthening
workforce opportunities for people who are blind or visually impaired; and
how mutualistic growth and replication can reduce unemployment.

Jonathan Lucus, NSITE

10:00 AM - 12:00 PM—NFB-NEWSLINE® SUPERHIGHWAY TO INFORMATION

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/98783313084> 987 8331 3084

Learn about a tool for information success, NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.0. We will
review new features, such as new article presentation, my queue, article
sharing on social media, and KNFB Reader Basic. Share your ideas for new
features and content with NFB-NEWSLINE staff.

10:00 AM - 12:00 PM—COMMITTEE FOR ADVANCEMENT AND PROMOTION OF BRAILLE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97043401206> 970 4340 1206

The committee will discuss developments in the teaching and delivery of
Braille, research priorities, Braille-related policy, strategies for
bringing improvements where needed, and resources and activities across our
organization. All are welcome!

Jennifer Dunnam, Chair

10:30 AM - 12:00 PM—EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE MEETING

Zoom meeting ID: 955 7953 2854 <https://zoom.us/j/95579532854>

The annual meeting of the NFB Employment Committee will address current
initiatives, NFB member and job seeker needs, and future plans. Everyone is
welcome!

Dick Davis, Chair

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM—APH’S QUEST FOR THE HOLY BRAILLE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/91723728256> 917 2372 8256

Join APH on the Quest for the Dynamic Tactile Device. This session will
investigate the history behind the initiative, our goals, and how you can
get involved. We will also explore the global efforts to update electronic
book standards to support this revolutionary tool.

Greg Stilson, Director, Global Innovation, American Printing House

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM—DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY INSIGHTS FROM THE OFFICE OF CIVIL
RIGHTS (OCR)

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/99981477825> 999 8147 7825

Hear directly from top enforcement officials, including the acting assistant
secretary for the Office of Civil Rights, on OCR’s digital accessibility
work. Learn how OCR resolves hundreds of these investigations annually and
how entities can comply with Section 504 and ADA Title II.

Suzanne Goldberg, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights; Mary Lou Mobley and
Judith Risch, OCR National Digital Access Team

11:30 AM - 12:30 PM—ACCESSIBLE PHARMACY & BE MY EYES: MED MANAGEMENT

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93033920184> 930 3392 0184

Accessible Pharmacy Services for the Blind and Be My Eyes will discuss how
they collaborate to support blind and low-vision patients with medication
and diabetes management.

Andy Burstein, CEO, Accessible Pharmacy; and Will Butler, VP of Community,
Be My Eyes

11:30 AM - 12:30 PM—TEXT2VOTE

Zoom meeting ID: 975 3258 2779 <https://zoom.us/j/97532582779>

Everyone should be able to vote without any limitations, period! Our
cutting-edge, patented solution will enable blind and low-vision voters to
vote the same as everyone else. Please join us to hear more about the future
of elections, right on your smartphone.

Lee Durham, CEO, Global Mobile

12:00 - 1:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS

Registration required. Email president at nopbc.org
<mailto:president at nopbc.org>  for details.

1:00 - 3:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND REHABILITATION

PROFESSIONALS

Zoom meeting ID: 956 0170 5562 <https://zoom.us/j/95601705562>

Topics will include mentoring, transitioning from virtual to in-person
training and services, the new employment landscape, professional ethics,
and planning our future goals in our division. We can decide what
rehabilitation feels like together.

Amy Porterfield, President

1:00 - 3:00 PM—COMMUNITY SERVICE DIVISION: COLORS OF HOPE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96849346071> 968 4934 6071

We have been hopeful and expecting brighter days! Can you sense the vibrant
colors of hope appearing everywhere? Life is like a rainbow; you need both
rain and sun to make its colors appear. Come be inspired as we triumphantly
celebrate the bright and popping colors of hope.

Jeanetta Price, President

1:00 - 3:00 PM—AMATEUR RADIO DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID: 974 7551 1274 <https://zoom.us/j/97475511274>

Amateur radio can be a fun and rewarding hobby. Come find out how you can
get on the air and how you can use the hobby to serve.

Karen Anderson (ke0cdq), President

1:00 - 3:30 PM—WRITERS DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/94313705770> 943 1370 5770

Come join the Writers Division, learn of its future, and be a part of the
new leadership team for next term. Enjoy readings by our contest winners and
other division members.

Shelley Alongi, President

1:00 - 4:00 PM—NFB DEAFBLIND DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID: 955 0105 0902 <https://zoom.us/j/95501050902>

Get updates on national issues affecting the deafblind community,
technology, and the division’s business matters and elections.

Alice Eaddy, President

                1:00 PM—Registration ($5)

1:00 - 4:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND MERCHANTS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95038422172> 950 3842 2172

"Get it Done in 21" Three ways to look at business: inside the box, outside
the box, or the way we look at business—no box at all.

Nicky Gacos, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—SPORTS AND RECREATION DIVISION MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96933768719> 969 3376 8719

Join us for a high-energy meeting where we will discuss the business of the
division and provide information, tools, and motivation to help you live the
life you want through health and wellness.

Jessica Beecham, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—NFB IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93018099496> 930 1809 9496

Enhancing nonvisual access to information technology and improving the
ability of blind information and computer technology professionals to
compete in today’s world.

Brian Buhrow, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—NFB IN COMMUNITIES OF FAITH

Zoom meeting ID: 975 0579 8225 <https://zoom.us/j/97505798225>

Publishers of faith-based literature will provide an update regarding the
work of their respective organizations. Other speakers will describe how
their faith has helped them to overcome challenges. We will have a business
meeting and hold elections for division officers.

Tom Anderson, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—NFB KRAFTERS DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID: 983 8494 6170 <https://zoom.us/j/98384946170>

Welcome to our thirteenth year of the Krafters Division! Little bit of
business and more crafts. Register for door prizes at
krafters.division.president at gmail.com
<mailto:krafters.division.president at gmail.com> . Craft vendors can be found
at www.krafterskorner.org <http://www.krafterskorner.org> .

Tammy Freitag, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND LAWYERS DIVISION MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93586180919> 935 8618 0919

Examine legal issues arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic for the blind;
address ongoing struggles to gain equal access to websites, employment,
legal texts, and exams; share practice tips and technology tools for blind
lawyers. Please go to www.blindlawyers.net <http://www.blindlawyers.net>  to
register for the meeting.

Scott LaBarre, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—NOPBC MEETING: JOURNEY TO EMPOWERMENT

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/4140520261> 414 052 0261

Keynote address by the 2021 Distinguished Educator of Blind Children; mix
and mingle with vendors, blind mentors, and other parents; learn about
cutting-edge products and programs for our youth; Parent Power and kids’
panels; business meeting; elections; and much more!

Carlton Cook Walker, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—PERFORMING ARTS DIVISION & AUDIO DESCRIBING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97396132138> 973 9613 2138

Come prepared to network with other performers! Join us for our annual
business meeting followed by a panel all about audio description, discussing
the field as both a blind consumer and describer.

Katelyn MacIntyre, President

1:00 - 5:00 PM—PUBLIC EMPLOYEES DIVISION

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93844944218> 938 4494 4218

This is our annual meeting of persons employed by federal, state, or
municipal governments as well as employees of public utilities. We discuss
issues affecting blind public servants.

Gary Van Dorn, President

1:30 - 4:00 PM—NATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF BLIND EDUCATORS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/92132839913> 921 3283 9913

Blind teachers discuss techniques they use in their classrooms. Participants
meet in groups specific to grade level and content area to create a network
of colleagues and mentors. If you teach or are considering a career in
teaching, please join us.

Cayte Mendez, President

2:00 - 4:00 PM—SENIORS DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97770727700> 977 7072 7700

We will elect officers and board members. Hear about our virtual retreats.
We’ll discuss Accessible Pharmacy and accessible phones and a guest speaker
shares his thoughts on agism. Must be dues-paying member to be eligible to
win door prizes.

President, Ruth Sager

2:00 - 4:00 PM—HUMAN SERVICES DIVISION ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID: 990 1320 3657 <https://zoom.us/j/99013203657>

We are a diverse group of blind professionals and students who have a
passion for working with people. Please join us for our annual meeting which
includes our business meeting and guest speakers. To register, email
chapman.candicel at gmail.com <mailto:chapman.candicel at gmail.com> .

Candice Chapman, President

2:00 - 5:00 PM—ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY TRAINERS DIVISION

Zoom meeting ID: 963 8632 6253 <https://zoom.us/j/96386326253>

Current and aspiring tech trainers: join us for professional development,
networking, and fellowship. We’ll explore what it takes to become a great
trainer, how to help our students build sustainable digital literacy skills,
and strategies for remote training.

Chancey Fleet, President

2:00 - 5:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLIND VETERANS MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96735721028> 967 3572 1028

All veterans are invited. We will conduct our annual business meeting after
a short networking period. We will be holding elections this year. Remember
your dues must be paid in full to vote.

2:00 PM—Networking

3:00 PM—Business Meeting

Vernon Humphrey, President

3:00 - 5:00 PM—NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF GUIDE DOG USERS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/99797729606> 997 9772 9606

Come learn how the current Department of Transportation regulations have
impacted air travel for guide dog users. Get current updates from our legal
counsel about matters pertaining to guide dog users. Find out what NAGDU has
been up to over the past year and elect our leaders!

Raul Gallegos, President

3:00 - 5:00 PM—PROFESSIONALS IN BLINDNESS EDUCATION

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/98526333208> 985 2633 3208

All professionals serving students from birth through age twenty-one are
welcome and encouraged to join our informative and interactive meeting. Come
network and collaborate, sharing and learning with colleagues and future
educators.

Eric Guillory, President

3:00 - 5:00 PM—DIABETES ACTION NETWORK

Zoom meeting ID: 952 2900 6407 <https://zoom.us/j/95229006407>

Come learn about diabetes from a doctor, interact with a panel of insulin
pump users, learn the ins and outs of accessibility, and hear from blind
people who live daily with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.

Debbie Wunder, President

3:00 - 5:00 PM—SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING DIVISION

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/96814511786> 968 1451 1786

Learn how the blind operate in a microbiology lab, how to operate laboratory
equipment remotely, about the project to survey the blindness accessibility
of higher-level education, how the blind work in an electronics laboratory,
and methods of teaching STEM to the blind.

John Miller, President

5:00 - 6:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS

Registration required. Email  <mailto:president at nopbc.org>
president at nopbc.org for details.

5:15 - 6:15 PM—LOUISIANA CENTER FOR THE BLIND: CHANGING LIVES AND EXCEEDING
EXPECTATIONS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/93949767662> 939 4976 7662

We look forward to gathering virtually with our LCB alumni and those
interested in learning about our life-changing programs. Join us as we
celebrate and share. Learn how LCB training will help you live the life you
want!

Pam Allen, Executive Director

OPENING GENERAL SESSION

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/97379331900> 973 7933 1900

7:00 PM     CALL TO ORDER AND INVOCATION

7:05 PM     WELCOMING CEREMONIES: UNIFYING OUR MOVEMENT FROM WHERE THE
FEDERATION FLAG FLIES HIGHEST TO EVERY CORNER OF OUR NATION

2021 National Convention Host Committee:

Ronza Othman, President, National Federation of the Blind of Maryland;
Baltimore, Maryland

Juhi Narula, Secretary, Maryland Association of Blind Students; Baltimore,
Maryland

7:35 PM     CELEBRATION OF FREEDOM: VETERANS RECOGNIZED

Vernon Humphrey, President, National Association of Blind Veterans, a
Division of the National Federation of the Blind; Mauk, Georgia

7:55 PM     ROLL CALL OF STATES AND APPOINTMENT OF NOMINATING COMMITTEE

9:25 PM     LEADERSHIP AND COMMON BONDS: TRANSFORMATIVE CHANGE AND CIVIL
RIGHTS GROUNDING FROM MARYLAND’S SEVENTH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT

The Honorable Kweisi Mfume, United States House of Representatives, Seventh
Congressional District; Maryland

9:45 PM     REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS

9:50 PM   ADJOURN

10:00 - 11:00 PM—SAFETY AND SUPPORT TRAINING: ALLYSHIP AND BYSTANDER
INTERVENTION

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/6645614114> 664 561 4114

Please join us to learn about the important role of an ally or actively
engaged bystander, learn tools and strategies to be the most effective
ally/actively engaged bystander possible, and become empowered to contribute
to creating a culture of safety and inclusion for all.

Sponsored by the NFB Survivor Task Force.

10:00 - 11:00 PM—FRIENDS OF RECOVERY MEETING

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/91326780107> 913 2678 0107

All convention attendees interested in getting or remaining clean and sober
are welcome to our confidential meeting. For more information, call
828-505-0338.

Gary R., Coordinator

 FRIDAY, JULY 9, 2021

9:00 - 10:00 AM—WINDOWS & IOS WITH THE FOCUS BRAILLE DISPLAY

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/91465594035> 914 6559 4035

Windows and iOS Tablets and iPhones are more powerful than ever, supporting
productivity and entertainment, on-the-go or in the office, wherever you
wish to take it. Focus Blue Braille Displays enhance productivity, increase
accessibility and privacy without reducing portability.

Jeff Bazer, Sales Director, Vispero, and Ron Miller, Blindness Technology
Product Specialist, Vispero

9:30 - 10:30 AM—NOPBC IEP LIVE SESSIONS

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/4140520261> 414 052 0261

Get an overview of the IEP process. Discuss blindness-specific IEP issues.

Carlton Cook Walker, President

11:00 AM - 1:00 PM—AFFILIATE CAUCUSES

Join your state affiliate caucus to meet or renew ties with your Federation
friends and family, to review this year’s resolutions, and to learn more
about the work of the Federation. Visit your affiliate’s website or contact
your delegate, typically your state president, for exact times and
connection details.

12:00 - 1:00 PM—NOPBC YOUTH TRACK SESSIONS

Registration required. Email president at nopbc.org
<mailto:president at nopbc.org>  for details.

GENERAL SESSION II

Zoom meeting ID: 987 4172 7764 <https://zoom.us/j/98741727764>

2:00 PM     CALL TO ORDER AND INVOCATION

2:05 PM     PRESIDENTIAL REPORT

Mark Riccobono, President, National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore,
Maryland

3:05 PM     TRANSFORMATIVE INNOVATIONS IN TRANSPORTATION: A COMMITMENT TO A
FUTURE INFORMED BY THE BLIND

The Honorable Pete Buttigieg, Secretary, United States Department of
Transportation; Washington, District of Columbia

3:30 PM     STRONGER TOGETHER: HOW THE ORGANIZED BLIND MOVEMENT BENEFITS
FROM THE GLOBAL ADVANCEMENT OF THE UNITED NATIONS CRPD

Gerard Quinn, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons
with Disabilities; Ireland

3:50 PM     TRANSFORMING ADVOCACY INTO VOTES: THE IMPACT OF THE FEDERATION
ON VOTING EQUALITY

Eve Hill, Partner, Brown, Goldstein, and Levy; Baltimore, Maryland

4:05 PM     TRANSFORMATIVE LEADERSHIP IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE BLIND:
COLORADO RAISES EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL BLIND AMERICANS

Jena Griswold, Colorado Secretary of State; Louisville, Colorado

4:20 PM     A STRONGER FUTURE TOGETHER THROUGH A COMMITMENT TO FULL
PARTICIPATION: BUILDING THE TOOLS TO EMPOWER ALL TO VOTE

Bradley Tusk, CEO and Co-Founder, Tusk Philanthropies; New York, New York

4:35 PM     REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS

5:00 PM     ADJOURN

5:15 - 6:15 PM—SAFETY AND SUPPORT TRAINING: EMPOWERMENT

Zoom meeting ID: 664 561 4114 <https://zoom.us/j/6645614114>

While we recognize survivors of all types experience varying levels of
trauma and pain, the healing journey is similarly unique and individualized.
Join us for a deep conversation on empowerment techniques, owning your body,
and taking control of your path toward healing.

Sponsored by the NFB Survivor Task Force.

GENERAL SESSION III

Zoom meeting ID: 987 4172 7764 <https://zoom.us/j/98741727764>

6:30 PM     CALL TO ORDER

6:35 PM     FEDERATION SAFE: HEALING AND THE TRANSFORMATION OF PAIN INTO
PROGRESS

The 2021 National Federation of the Blind Survivor Task Force

6:55 PM     LEARNING FROM THE PAST AND BUILDING FOR OUR FUTURE: A REPORT
FROM THE FEDERATION’S 2021 SPECIAL COMMITTEE

7:15 PM     THE STRENGTH OF A CHAMPION: TRANSFORMING FEDERATION SPIRIT INTO
PERSONAL PROGRESS

Randi Strunk, Member, National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota and
National Federation of the Blind Sports and Recreation Division

7:35 PM     STRONGER TOGETHER: RAISING CULTURAL COMPETENCY, ENGAGING DIVERSE
BLIND MENTORS, AND ADVANCING THE EDUCATION OF BLIND YOUTH

Monique Coleman, TVI, President of VISTAS Education Partners and Founder of
the National Homework Hotline, Highland Park, New Jersey

7:50 PM     TRANSFORMING AND ACCELERATING ACCESSIBILITY: THE NEED FOR THE
ORGANIZED BLIND MOVEMENT TO INNOVATE THROUGH INCLUSIVE DESIGN

Sina Bahram, Founder and President, Prime Access Consulting; Research
Triangle Park, North Carolina

8:05 PM     INNOVATING MAPPING TECHNOLOGY: A MISSION BUILT ON THE EXPERIENCE
OF THE BLIND

Jose Gaztambide, CEO, GoodMaps; Louisville, Kentucky

8:20 PM     STRONGER TOGETHER: TRANSFORMING ACCESSIBILITY FROM INKLING TO
INNOVATION IN THE TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY

Moderator: Chancey Fleet, President,
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/contact/view?reset=1&cid=111336> Assistive
Technology Trainers Division of the NFB; Brooklyn, New York

Panel:

Eve Andersson, Senior Director of Accessibility, Google; Mountain View,
California

Jenny Lay-Flurrie, Chief Accessibility Officer, Microsoft; Redmond,
Washington

Sarah Herrlinger, Senior Director, Global Accessibility Policy &
Initiatives, Apple; Cupertino California

Peter Korn, Director, Accessibility at Amazon Lab126, Amazon; Seattle,
Washington

9:05 PM     TRANSFORMING THE FUTURE THROUGH PERSONAL AI: HOW THE BLIND CAN
CONTRIBUTE AUTHENTICITY TO ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

Suman Kanuganti, CEO, Personal AI; San Diego, California

9:15 PM     REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS

9:30 PM     ADJOURN

 SATURDAY, JULY 10, 2021

10:30 - 11:30 AM—NOPBC IEP LIVE SESSIONS

Zoom meeting ID: 414 052 0261 <https://zoom.us/j/4140520261>

Discuss best practices for accommodations, assessments, and service time.
Learn helpful negotiation strategies for the IEP meeting.

Carlton Cook Walker, President

11:00 AM - 12:15 PM—COLORADO CENTER FOR THE BLIND OPEN HOUSE

Zoom meeting ID: 926 9789 2966 <https://zoom.us/j/92697892966>

Have you wondered if you should consider blindness training? Are you ready
to be challenged and take a risk? What is a day of training like? Get the
inside scoop from our vibrant Center staff and dedicated students. Ask
questions and learn some things that may change your life.

Julie Deden, Executive Director

GENERAL SESSION IV

Zoom meeting ID:  <https://zoom.us/j/95297977720> 952 9797 7720

1:00 PM     CALL TO ORDER AND INVOCATION

1:05 PM     FINANCIAL REPORT

1:35 PM     ELECTIONS

2:10 PM     RESOLUTIONS

4:00 PM     ADJOURN

GENERAL SESSION V

Zoom meeting ID: 952 9797 7720 <https://zoom.us/j/95297977720>

4:30 PM     CALL TO ORDER

4:35 PM     TRANSFORMING AND UNIFYING OUR FUTURE: THE JERNIGAN INSTITUTE
ADVANCES OUR MISSION THROUGH A WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC

Anil Lewis, Executive Director for Blindness Initiatives, National
Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

4:55 PM     TRANSFORMATIVE ACTION IN THE HALLS OF POWER: ADVOCACY AND POLICY
COORDINATED THROUGH ALL LEVELS OF THE MOVEMENT

John Paré, Jr., Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy, National
Federation of the Blind; Baltimore, Maryland

5:20 PM     LEADING ALONE AND MARCHING TOGETHER: TRANSFORMATIVE ACTION FROM
THE UNITED STATES SENATE

The Honorable Tammy Duckworth, United States Senate, Illinois

5:40 PM     STRENGTH THROUGH A DIVERSE ORGANIZED BLIND MOVEMENT: THE
INTERSECTION OF CHARACTERISTICS AND THE COMMON BOND OF RAISING EXPECTATIONS

Moderator: Colin Wong, Co-Chair, National Federation of the Blind Committee
on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Phoenix, Arizona

Panelists:

Tasnim Alshuli, Chairperson, NFB Blind Muslim Group; Tucson, Arizona

Doula Jarboe, President, Colorado Association of the Blind, Hard of Hearing,
and Deafblind; Denver, Colorado

Sanho Steele-Louchart, Chairperson, NFB LGBT Group; Norman, Oklahoma

Priscilla Yeung, Manager of Senior Programs, Society for the Blind;
Sacramento, California

6:20 PM     REPORTS AND RESOLUTIONS

6:30 PM     ADJOURN

BANQUET

Zoom meeting ID: 952 9797 7720 <https://zoom.us/j/95297977720>

7:30 PM               INVOCATION

MASTER OF CEREMONIES: Pam Allen

INTRODUCTIONS AND PRESENTATIONS

BANQUET ADDRESS: Mark Riccobono

THE THIRTEENTH ANNUAL DR. JACOB BOLOTIN AWARDS

SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS

CONVENTION NOTES:

Note 1: All convention sessions will be conducted using the Zoom
conferencing platform. Convention participants are strongly encouraged to
download the Zoom mobile app for best audio quality. Those that already have
the mobile app are encouraged to upgrade to the latest version. However,
attendees may also use the web portal or dial in to meetings using a cell
phone or a landline. If dialing in to a session, you can dial 301-715-8592
and enter the meeting ID to connect. Additional Zoom dial-in numbers can be
found at
https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/zoom-information. On
this webpage you will also find helpful user guides and lists of shortcut
keys.

Note 2: The convention agenda and exhibit hall can be accessed via the
CrowdCompass platform beginning June 25. Mobile apps are available for both
the iOS and Android platforms (https://crowd.cc/s/40gtm). A web portal is
also available ( <https://crowd.cc/nfb21> https://crowd.cc/nfb21). In
addition to providing convention access to the agenda, CrowdCompass allows
users to join sessions with the click of a button, customize a personal
agenda, explore the online exhibit hall, and chat with other CrowdCompass
convention goers.

Note 3: Voting for national elections and resolutions will be conducted via
SMS (text messaging) and phone. To be eligible to vote, attendees must be
current Federation members and have registered for convention by May 31. The
phone number for voting is 667-206-6677. You may choose to program this
number into your phone. The number and voting instructions will be sent via
email to qualified voters in addition to being posted to the convention
information page.

Note 4: As always, guide dog relief areas are an important component of
convention. This year, they can be found in the same locations as were used
yesterday.

Note 5: All requests for announcements by President Riccobono during General
Sessions must be submitted by email to bbraun at nfb.org
<mailto:bbraun at nfb.org> .

Note 6: Divisions, Committees, and Groups: The Federation carries on its
business through the affiliated divisions, committees, and groups listed
below:

DIVISIONS:

Divisions of the National Federation of the Blind are organized around a
specialized interest area usually related to employment or a major stage in
life (e.g., parents or students). Divisions serve as a formal vehicle for
building the organization at the national level.

Amateur Radio: Karen Anderson, President

Assistive Technology Trainers: Chancey Fleet, President

Communities of Faith: Tom Anderson, President

Computer Science: Brian Buhrow, President

Community Service: Jeanetta Price, President

DeafBlind: Alice Eaddy, President

Diabetes Action Network: Debbie Wunder, President

Human Services: Candice Chapman, President

Educators: Cayte Mendez, President

Guide Dog Users: Raul Gallegos, President

Krafters: Tammy Freitag, President

Lawyers: Scott LaBarre, President

Merchants: Nicky Gacos, President

Parents of Blind Children: Carlton Anne Cook Walker, President

Performing Arts: Katelyn MacIntyre, President

Professionals in Blindness Education: Eric Guillory, President

Public Employees: Gary Van Dorn, President

Rehabilitation Professionals: Amy Porterfield, President

Science and Engineering: John Miller, President

Seniors: Ruth Sager, President

Sports and Recreation: Jessica Beecham, President

Students: Trisha Kulkarni, President

Veterans: Vernon Humphrey, President

Writers: Shelley Alongi, President

COMMITTEES:

Committees of the National Federation of the Blind are appointed by the
President, with the exception of the nominating committee, and serve to
advise the organization’s leadership on important matters and to carry out
projects to build the organization at all levels.

Advancement and Promotion of Braille: Jennifer Dunnam, Chair

Ambassadors: Dan Burke, Chair

Automobile and Pedestrian Safety: Maurice Peret, Chair

Autonomous Vehicles and Innovations in Transportation:

Blind Educator of the Year Award: Edward Bell, Chair

Blind Federal Employment: Ronza Othman, Chair

Communications: Liz Wisecarver, Chair

Distinguished Educator of Blind Children Award: Carla McQuillan, Chair

Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Shawn Callaway and Colin Wong, Co-Chairs

Employment: Dick Davis, Chair

Evaluation of Technology: Mark Jones, Chair

Jacobus tenBroek Award: Marc Maurer, Chair

Jacobus tenBroek Memorial Fund: Tracy Soforenko, Chair

Kenneth Jernigan Fund: Allen Harris, Chair

Membership: Kathryn Webster and Tarik Williams, Co-Chairs

PAC Plan: Scott LaBarre, Chair

Research and Development: Brian Buhrow, Chair

Resolutions: Sharon Maneki, Chair

Scholarship: Cayte Mendez, Chair

Shares Unlimited in NFB (SUN): Sandy Halverson, Chair

Spanish Translation: Daniel Martinez, Chair

White Cane and Affiliate Finance: Everette Bacon, Chair

GROUPS:

Groups of the National Federation of the Blind serve as a resource to
members around specific topic areas. Groups are coordinated by a chairperson
appointed by the President and are intended to connect members across the
country to strengthen the resource network of the organization.

Blind Fraternal Greek and Masonic: Shawn Callaway, Chair

Blind Muslims: Tasnim Ashuli, Chair

Blind Parents: Lisamaria Martinez, Chair

Blind Professional Journalists: Elizabeth Campbell, Chair

NFB in Judaism: David Stayer, Chair

NFB LGBTQIA+: Sanho Steele-Louchart, Chair

NFB Lions: Milton Ota, Chair

NFB Webmasters: Corbb O’Connor, Chair

The National Federation of the Blind acknowledges with gratitude our
convention sponsors listed below. Their messages follow.

Platinum:

Facebook

Google

Microsoft

UPS

Vanda

Vispero

Gold:

AccessiBe

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP

Target

Waymo

Silver:

Aira

Amazon

AT&T

Market Development Group

McDonald’s

Oracle

Pearson

T-Mobile Accessibility

Bronze:

American Printing House for The Blind

Democracy Live

Educational Testing Service

HumanWare

Learning Ally’s College Success Program

Newsela

Spectrum

Tusk Philanthropies

VitalSource Technologies

Wells Fargo

White Cane:

Chris Park Design

Cruise

D2L Corporation

Duxbury

Envision - Workforce Innovation Center

En-Vision America

IKE Smart City

Independence Science

Law School Admission Council, Inc.

Leader Dogs for the Blind

McGraw Hill

National Industries for the Blind

Personal AI

Rosen, Bien, Galvan & Grunfeld, LLP

The Chicago Lighthouse

SPONSOR ADS

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the
National Federation of the Blind of SC

The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom
Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky
Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!

 <http://rockybottomofsc.com/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center

Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any
of the below links!

 <https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/> National Federation of the
Blind of SC on Face Book

<https://m.facebook.com/Computer-Science-Technology-Division-of-the-NFB-of-S
C-343263089815304/> Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC

 <https://m.facebook.com/RockyBottomofSC/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference
Center

South Carolina Association of Blind Students

 <https://m.facebook.com/groups/375092969314880?_rdr> South Carolina Parents
of Blind Children

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

between blind people and our dreams.