[NFBofSC] Need Recipes for SC for Braille Monitor by April 1 along with short bio and photo of contributor sent to me please!

jennifer at successforlives.org jennifer at successforlives.org
Sat Mar 27 13:02:21 UTC 2021

Hello All!

In May, The Braille Monitor will feature recipes from the NFB of SC.

Below, you will see the requirements Gary Wunder has provided.

Please email me the recipe, a short bio of the contributor (see examples in
his note), and photo of the contributor. If all of these items are not sent,
I cannot choose the 3-6 recipes to send to Gary. We must have the recipe,
two sentence bio of contributor and photo of contributor sent in one email
to me please no later than April 1. I have to submit our recipes to Gary by
the fifth. If I don't have them by the first, I cannot promise they will be
submitted to Gary.

Please insure you submit the following to me by April 1. If all requirements
are not submitted to me by April first, I cannot guarantee the submission to
Gary. Please note, Gary is the editor and has final editing rights of what
is published.

Recipes, please be specific about amounts, prep time and cook time.

Two sentence bio of the contributor, see Gary's examples below.

Photo of contributor, required by Gary to publish.

Please email this information to me at

Jhipp25 at sc.rr.com

Thank you all for your support!

Greetings. As I wrote earlier, South Carolina was in the line for recipes,
and May will be your month. Can I have something by the fifth of April? What
do we want? We want from three to six recipes from each state. They can be
something particular to your geographic area, a favorite that is prepared
for affiliate events, or favorites that your members prepare for their
families and friends. Besides from three to six recipes, we need a short one
or two sentence biography of those whose submissions you send. "Gary Wunder
is the father of four, a former president of the NFB of Missouri, and
currently edits the Braille Monitor." "Jill Smith is a freshman at the
college of William and Mary and prepares these snacks for her sorority
sisters."

Now comes the hardest part. I would like a photo from those who submit. The
photos do a lot to enhance our print edition and make real these people who
do the impossible-cook tremendous taste treats. The recipes are more than a
start on a cookbook. They show that we cook and take care of ourselves, and
this can be a major source of encouragement for the blind and a source of
education for those who see. Before leaving the subject of photos, let me
say a few words about them. Grabbing a photo from Facebook will not meet our
needs. To save computer space Facebook scales down the pictures it displays.
We need high resolution photographs. Anything taken with a modern iPhone or
android equivalent will work. Any modern digital camera above five
megapixels will do very well. Sometimes people take high-resolution pictures
but are then fooled into scaling them back when the email program offers to
shrink them in order to save time and bandwidth. Please make sure that you
use the "original size" option when sending. Please don't discount
photographs. They are meaningful and provide credibility.

Thank you for all the hard work you do.