[NFBofSC] FW: [NABS-L] Register Today and Participate in the 5th Annual NABS Walk-A-Thon

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sat May 1 18:00:38 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: NABS-L <nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Elizabeth Rouse via NABS-L
Sent: Saturday, May 1, 2021 10:30 AM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Elizabeth Rouse <elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com>
Subject: [NABS-L] Register Today and Participate in the 5th Annual NABS Walk-A-Thon

Happy May, NABSters!

We hope this message finds each and every one of you crushing the end of your semesters. With final exams, papers, and presentations looming, it’s easy to prioritize anything and everything above your health, so we’re thrilled to give you the opportunity of a lifetime! (Or at the very least, the opportunity of a month…)

Starting today (May 1,) you can register to participate in the 5th Annual NABS Walk-A-Thon, taking place this year on Thursday, July 8th from wherever you are.

This fundraiser is not only an amazing opportunity for NABS, but also a great excuse to get out and move! See below for more information.

By visiting the link below, you can register to participate in our event and begin collecting pledges. It’s as simple as registering to participate, sharing your personalized link, and walking! Between now and July 8th, you can ask your friends and family (or strangers on the street if you prefer) to pledge funds toward your campaign, the proceeds of which benefit blind students across the nation in more ways than we can count… Granting scholarships for students to attend Washington seminar, providing interpretation services at our regional seminars, and hosting stellar events, guest speakers, and more just to name a few.

On the day of our event, you’ll track your steps and send your final step count/distance walked to NABS Treasurer, Elizabeth Rouse, and the rest is up to us!

So, are you ready to get in the game? Register here <https://go.rallyup.com/9cebd4>!

Did we mention that there’s a prize for the individual who collects the most funds for NABS?!?

Still have questions? Reach out to Elizabeth Rouse at elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com.

Thanks for your participation, and let’s get walking!

Elizabeth
--
Elizabeth Rouse
She/her/hers