[NFBofSC] FW: How Do We Honor Our Veterans?

Frank Loza floza58 at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 16 14:29:37 UTC 2021

From: Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind <IOF at nfb.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 6:47 AM
To: Frank Loza <floza58 at bellsouth.net>
Subject: How Do We Honor Our Veterans?

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23580&qid=6319359>

IMAGINEERING OUR FUTURE

  _____

President's Message

  <https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/iof-mar-conv.jpg>

Join me in thanking our blind service men and women. We are honored to work side by side to achieve equality, opportunity, and security so that we can all live the lives we want.  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23581&qid=6319359> More from President Riccobono.

We Appreciate Those Who Serve

  <https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/iof-joe-ruffalo.jpg>

When Alex attended his first Blind Veterans meeting, he was impressed by the overall positivity and willingness to help no matter the circumstances. That attitude helps overcome the biggest misconception about blindness.  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23582&qid=6319359> More about NABV.

Latest News at the NFB

  <https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/iof-duckworth.jpg>

Matching gift goal reached, Federation group for survivors formed, inaccessibility of California insurance exam challenged, Self-Advocacy in Employment Toolkit launched, and Senator Tammy Duckworth highlights subminimum wages on The Daily Show.  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23583&qid=6319359> Read more news.

Take Action This Month

  <https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/iof-storytime-w-braille-print-book.jpg>

Share resources from our Diabetes Action Network, sign up for the Braille Readers Are Leaders Contest, request a Santa or winter celebration letter for a blind child in your life, and more.  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23584&qid=6319359> Learn how you can get involved this month.

Important Dates

  <https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/iof-scholarship-winners-w-sponsors.jpg>

National Scholarship applications are opening soon, BRAL contest begins, Washington Seminar and the Disability Law Symposium events are coming up.  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23585&qid=6319359> Don’t miss these exciting dates and events.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23581&qid=6319359> Read the complete issue online.

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we raise the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives we want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or supporting our programs.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23586&qid=6319359>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23587&qid=6319359>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23588&qid=6319359>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23589&qid=6319359>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23590&qid=6319359>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23591&qid=6319359>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314

200 East Wells St.
Baltimore, 21230
United States

..