[NFBofSC] DIVERSITY INK BOOK CLUB

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Tue Oct 19 10:40:30 UTC 2021

NFBF Diversity Ink Book Club

•             On behalf of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee you are invited to the Diversity Ink Book Club.

•             Join hosts Wendy Grandison and Tashara Cooper on Zoom the first and last Wednesday of each month beginning November 3, 2021.

•             Dive into the best and most celebrated books from your favorite authors between 7:00-8:00 PM.

•             Genres include fiction, non-fiction, biography, history and fantasy.

•             Read ethnically diverse authors confronting culturally diverse subject matters.

Diversity Ink is a fun and provocative platform that analyzes and discusses books that are reflective of black society in America and abroad. We explore cultural norms, attitudes, and behaviours that are thought to be indicative of Blackness.

We hope to start a dialogue that challenges, inspires, and creates a sense of camaraderie within our Black community and other minorities who love and live the stories compelling ethnic literature.

Assist us in choosing the first handful of novels we will be reading this Fall, by submitting your interest in becoming a member of the Club along with your top three favorite ethnic authors of all time or your top three favorite ethnic must read books of all time, and why you love them.

Any inquiries you have about the Book Club can be directed to the Email below:

Wendy Grandison

Book Coordinator, Active Central FL Chapter Member

Diversity and Inclusion Committee NFBF

Mail. wendypgrandison at gmail.com

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!

 <http://rockybottomofsc.com/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center

Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any of the below links!

 <https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/> National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book

 <https://m.facebook.com/Computer-Science-Technology-Division-of-the-NFB-of-SC-343263089815304/> Computer Science & Technology Division of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

 <https://m.facebook.com/RockyBottomofSC/> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center

South Carolina Association of Blind Students

 <https://m.facebook.com/groups/375092969314880?_rdr> South Carolina Parents of Blind Children

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.