[NFBofSC] Emergency Broadband Benefit & Medical-Based Financial Aid:

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sun Oct 24 11:28:45 UTC 2021

Steve Cook
District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC
President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
SC
President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC
Click here to view the National Federation of the Blind of SC 2021 PSA!

The National Federation of the Blind creates and distributes several
publications and audio reports to inform both our membership and our
friends about the true nature of blindness, issues of interest to the blind,
NFB news and action items, and the many important stories we share.
Click here to read more about Publications and Media from the NFB!

Hello Federation Family & Friends!

Here is information about a couple interesting government programs to take
advantage of

Emergency Broadband Benefit

The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per
month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per
month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can
also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop
computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more
than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.

https://www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit

Medical-Based Financial Aid: What It Is and How to Get It

https://studentloanhero.com/featured/medical-based-financial-aid/