[NFBofSC] AARP Ride at 50+ Program - Free Rides Funds EXHAUSTED!!

Shannon Cook coffeequeensc1 at sc.rr.com
Wed Oct 27 01:23:07 UTC 2021

Hello,

I wanted to share this message I received earlier today.

Thanks,

Shannon Cook

Good afternoon,

I write today with an update on the Free Rides promotion sponsored by AARP.

The good news is that we were able to help SO many Midlands residents
because of the Free Rides promotion through the AARP Ride at 50+ Program!
People traveled to medical appointments, work, and school using this grant
funding. Sadly, because of the high level of need in our community, our
funding has been exhausted much more quickly than we anticipated, and we are
no longer able to book Free Rides.

However, the Ride at 50+ Program is still running, and we can book trips at
varying levels of cost depending on the ride. Please see the attached flyer
promoting the program if you wish to distribute it in place of the Free
Rides flyer.

We also have a different source of grant funding available for seniors,
veterans, and single parent HOH who need transportation to medical
appointments through an FTA grant in partnership with The COMET. If you
would like to know more about this funding opportunity I would be happy to
connect with you for further information.

Lastly, if you know of any funding sources available for transportation in
Richland and Lexington counties, please share that information. We have
recently hired a full time grant writer at Feonix, and are always on the
lookout for ways we can provide free transportation to those in need.

Thank you so much for your willingness to help and your passion to serve,
you are appreciated.

Melanie Dalton

(803) 361-3645