[NFBofSC] NFB of SC Senior Division Meeting Sept. 16, 2021

Melanie Torrance melanietorrance at icloud.com
Wed Sep 29 21:15:28 UTC 2021

Attached are the minutes from our most recent Senior Division meeting. Please review prior to our next scheduled meeting. Don’t forget to submit your applications for Senior Camp if you would like to attend. Senior Camp will be held LIVE AND IN PERSON on October 24-28 at Rocky Bottom!
Shelley Coppell , President, called the meeting to order at 2:10 pm.
11 members were present
An Invocation was given by J.W. Smith. then the group prayed for individual members, family members and acquaintances. Special prayers were said for those who have passed from or currently infected with the COVID virus. Christine Filbert’s (nurse from Rocky Bottom) husband is currently suffering.
2021/2022 Senior Division Board Members are as follows: President: Shelley Coppell, First Vice President: Patricia Jenkins, Second Vice President: Dorothy Barksdale, Secretary: Melanie Torrance, Treasurer: Julie Bible
Shelley Coppell and Melanie Torrance staffed a Senior Division and Diabetes Action table at the NFB of SC’s annual convention held in August 2021. Vaccination covers and nice engraved pens were given out in Goodie Bags to all who stopped by.
500 50/50 raffle tickets will be sold by members of the Senior Division as a fundraiser. If all 500 tickets are sold (at $5 each), the winner and the Senior Division will be able to split $2,500 or $1250.00 each. 85 tickets were distributed to 7 members today. The drawing will be held January 8,2022 at the Statewide Seminar.
We are going to send 4 people to the National Retreat as the result of prior fundraising activities.
The Treasurer’s report was read and approved as submitted by Julie Bible. Our ending balance is 611.75 up from 501.75 from our last ending balance.
On Oct 15 from 12-2, there will be an Open House at the Federation Center in Columbia to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Federation Center. Contact David Houck if you plan to attend.
Senior Division dues are due to be paid now. It was agreed at the meeting in August that the Senior Division’s fiscal year will run Convention through Convention.
Dorothy Barksdale volunteered to call those members who do not have digital access. Calls will be made on Monday prior to each Senior Division meeting.
Senior Camp will be held October 24-28(Sun-Thurs.). Applications have been mailed. Applications should be returned as soon as possible, along with a physician’s signature giving you a medical clearance to attend. Covid Vaccinations are required. Transportation will be provided.
The Senior Division will meet every other month and will not meet in December. There was brainstorming about topics and speakers for our upcoming meetings. The Salvation Army and “Pen Friend”were recommended as topics. Everyone was asked to let Shelley know of additional topics and/or speakers for our future meetings.
There will be a special Class on “ Seeing AI” on Zoom this Saturday at 10 am on the Federation Center line.
The next Senior Division meeting will be held November 18 at 2:00 pm on the Rocky Bottom platform
The meeting was adjourned at 3:00 pm.

Sent from Melanie's i phone