[NFBofSC] Accessible Pharmacy

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Wed Apr 27 10:14:37 UTC 2022

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I signed up to use Accessible Pharmacy
for my monthly medications. This week I received my medicine in the mail. I
chose to use the ScripTalk app to read the specific ScripTalk label on the
bottle that contains the information about the medication. It is so awesome
to be able to read my different medications independently. Below is more
about Accessible Pharmacy!

https://www.accessiblepharmacy.com/

Welcome! Accessible Pharmacy Services for the Blind is a comprehensive, home
delivery pharmacy service specializing in the needs of people who are blind,
DeafBlind and have low vision. We are the only provider of its kind and the
largest blind-owned healthcare company in the country.

What makes us unique is our ability to educate patients who are blind and
their family members, healthcare providers, and caregivers to implement the
best medication and diabetes management plan. Our goal is to achieve the
best medical outcomes and help patients live more independently.

Our pharmacy professionals are trained to understand the unique needs of
people who are blind and have low vision. We offer both high-tech and
no-tech solutions to assist with reminders, refills, error reduction, and
overall medication and diabetes management.

Our delivery, accessible support, accessible packaging, accessible labeling,
including ScripTalk and Braille, as well as continuous and automatic
refilling are FREE.

We do everything for you to make life simpler: we coordinate all details
with your prescribers and insurance providers, including helping to keep
costs as low as possible. Simply call us for a free consultation to
determine if we are a good fit for you.

We encourage our patients to be part of the ongoing process to maximize the
solutions.

In addition to prescription medication, we also supply: Vitamins &
supplements, over-the-counter drugs, diabetic supplies, guide dog & pet
medication and small, accessible medical equipment.

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4awrn7eddQ&t=16s> Click here to view the
National Federation of the Blind of SC 2021 PSA!

The National Federation of the Blind relies on the generosity of our
supporters to help us raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. Your
support helps us live the lives we want.

The National Federation of the Blind is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization
(EIN: 02-0259978) under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.

You can be a part of our mission to help blind people live the lives we
want. Your donations assist us with distributing free white canes, provide
children with Braille and nonvisual skills instruction, introduce blind high
school students to STEM careers, advocate for the rights of blind Americans,
provide free audio newspaper services, contribute to the development of new
technology and provide scholarships to blind students

 <https://www.nfb.org/PAC> Click here to join the PAC plan!