[NFBofSC] Fall Senior Camp

Shannon Cook coffeequeensc1 at sc.rr.com
Wed Aug 3 22:53:36 UTC 2022

Hello Federation Family and Friends,

Shelley Coppel and I, as co-directors of Senior Camp, want to let everyone
know that we will not hold Senior Camp this fall as scheduled.  Some of you
may not know that the SC Commission for the Blind has traditionally either
covered the cost of and/or provided food, transportation, linens and
facility cleaning after camp, and half of the nurse's pay.  Due to internal
financial changes at the SC Commission for the Blind, some of the services
previously provided by the Commission will now be coordinated by Rocky
Bottom and/or the NFB of SC.  SCCB will still include those service costs in
the amount of reimbursement. The method of service reimbursement has also
changed.  What this means is that Shelley and I have a much larger job to do
to ensure everyone gets to Rocky Bottom and has a fabulous time while there.

Because we will have to build a network  ourselves, we want to allow time to
be sure those are in place prior to offering a camp.   We don't want people
to get their hopes up, and then dash them if camp had to be cancelled for
lack of a service being set up.

Please share this information with your members who may not be on the list
serve.

If you have any questions, please contact Shelley or me to answer those.  We
will be glad to.

Shelley Coppel  803.796.8662

Shannon Cook   803.254.0222

With gratitude,

Shannon Cook

Member, National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina

The greatest investment you can make in this world is kindness.