[NFBofSC] Seniors Update

Melanie Torrance melanietorrance at icloud.com
Wed Aug 24 14:03:23 UTC 2022

Below are the meeting minutes from our last meeting on 7/21/22.
We will meet at the Convention in the Explorer room at 1:00 pm on Friday 8/26. The agenda will include discussion of our White Cane Coffee fundraiser, Senior Camp Update, and Elections of our new Board members. See you all at the Convention!
Melanie Torrance, Secretary Senior Division, NFB of SC

The meeting was called to order at 2:05 pm.
2. After a roll call,
there were 9 members and one guest in attendance.
There is a need to call some of the members who do not have digital access.
NFB Pledge-Frank Coppell led us all in reciting the NFB pledge which we all need to learn.
The minutes of the May meeting were approved.
Treasurer’s report:
$624.75 is our current balance.
There is $3,018.18 in our savings account.
The Treasurer’s report was approved.

The PAC ( Pre-authorized contribution) plan was explained by Frank. Funds obtained by individual NFB members, Chapters and Divisions go towards the provision of many of the NFB’s free services such as the Free White Cane program. In addition, it helps with Legal battles, scholarship programs and many others. To sign up for the PAC plan, please go to NFB.org/pac or call 601-618-5170 .

Free Registration at State Convention for 2 new attendees is available. Please let Shelley know if you would like to receive this assistance.
Fund Raising: White Cane Coffee was reviewed as a source of fund raising for our Senior Division. This is a business founded and operated by a blind woman to sell all forms of coffee (ground, whole bean and K cups) and hot chocolate. The group approved of this fundraiser.
Pampered chef was discussed as an additional fundraiser, but the group did not want to participate in this at this time.
Senior Camp will be held the 2nd-6 of October. If you would like to attend call David Houck to receive an application. A Doctor’s note is required.

State Convention will be held Aug 25-28 at the North Charleston Marriott. There will be elections held for the Senior Division Board.
Members are encouraged to join the Nat’l Senior Division as well.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:00 pm.

Sent from Melanie's i phone