[NFBofSC] Scholarship

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Tue Dec 6 10:45:42 UTC 2022

Scholarship Opportunity Available: Start Your Application Today

We are invested in the future of blind people. Each year, the National
Federation of the Blind awards scholarships to recognize achievement by
blind and low-vision scholars. Thanks to our generous partners, there are
thirty $8,000 merit-based scholarships currently available. And the cash
value is only one aspect of this prestigious program. The program also
provides funding to travel to and attend the National Federation of the
Blind's national convention with the opportunity to network with more blind
students, to exchange information and ideas, and to meet and talk with
hundreds of blind people who are successfully working in many occupations
and professions. Apply for the scholarship program now.

Colin Wong, winner of the 2022 Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship, said at the
national convention in New Orleans:

"The Federation is a place of support. It's a place of love, hope, and
determination. The Federation has given me so much more than I have been
able to give to it. Today it has given me an educational opportunity.
Collectively it has given all of us standing on this stage a future. For
that I am eternally grateful."

How to Apply

Start your application early to submit all the required items before the
deadline of March 31, 2023. Review the eligibility requirements, rules, and
the submission checklist. A complete application includes:

The official 2023 Scholarship Application Form

All required documents, which include an essay, transcripts, proof of
blindness, and a letter of recommendation

An interview by your state affiliate president of the National Federation of
the Blind

Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information. Take
advantage of this opportunity and apply for the scholarship program.

Contact Us

If you have questions, please contact Cayte Mendez, Scholarship Committee
Chair, at scholarships at nfb.org, or call 410-659-9314, extension 2415, (8
a.m. - 5 p.m. eastern time).

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230