[NFBofSC] FWD: NFB-NAGDU] Come join the NAGDU Lyft/Uber Denial Town Hall and Monthly Board Meeting this Sunday, February 27

Nancy Irwin Nancyeirwin at outlook.com
Sun Feb 27 00:06:43 UTC 2022

Many thanks to Steve Cook for sharing this. Sharing this on both the SCAGDU and NFBofSC lists to be sure all who are interested don’t miss out. If you’re interested in joining the South Carolina Association of Guide Dog Users List, please send an email with the subject “Subscribe” to scagdu-request at nfbnet.org

Hello everyone, please share this wherever appropriate.

The National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) and the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) are launching a new project to collect video stories about Uber and Lyft denials for travelers with service animals. We hope to capture stories that describe the significant barriers and stress you experience with each denial. If you were denied a ride by Lyft or Uber because of your service animal anytime between October 1, 2021, and present and would like to participate in a recorded Zoom interview, please contact the NAGDU board, at 346-439-7444 or board at nagdu.org<mailto:board at nagdu.org>.
In addition, we encourage you to continue filling out the NFB ride-share survey located at https://www.nfb.org/rideshare, You do not have to be a member of the National Federation of the Blind to complete this survey or submit a video.
Our goal is to capture as much diverse information as possible. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your video will be used. We will be collecting video submissions through the end of March.
In preparation for this information gathering project, NAGDU will host a town hall on Sunday, February 27, prior to the monthly board of directors meeting. During this town hall, we will answer your questions, including why we are gathering this information and how to submit your video. The town hall will be recorded if you are unable to attend the meeting.

The Zoom meeting information for the town hall and monthly board meeting follows.