[NFBofSC] Columbia Chapter Newsletter

Jennifer Bazer jennifer.h.bazer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 04:03:49 UTC 2022

Columbia Chapter Newsletter

January 23, 2022

Welcome to 2022! Current board members are as follows:  President - Ike
Nelson, 1st Vice-President - Steve Cook, 2nd Vice President - David Bundy,
Treasurer - Thom Spittle, Secretary - Casey Williams, Member-at-large -
Shelley Coppel, Member-at-large - Maggie Floyd

Our first chapter meeting of the year was held on Thursday, January 20th,
2022. Those in attendance were highly encouraged to wear face masks in order
to reduce the spread of illnesses. The meeting was a face-to-face event
only. Dinner was sponsored by Jennifer Bazer and Ike Nelson. Thank you for
your contributions for a warm, delicious meal on a cold evening. We want to
thank those members who have paid their dues already. If possible, please
bring your membership current by January 31st. For those that are not able
to pay dues by January 31st, there will be $1.00 added each month until they
are paid.

The Columbia Chapter received an outstanding donation on Thursday night
presented by Carolyn Jackson from Edward Bignon in the amount of $2,500. The
chapter board voted to divide the contribution in half and place $1,250 in
the Van fund and the Columbia Chapter fund. We appreciate the support from
generous individuals such as Mr. Bignon.

Current committees that are being revised include the Van Committee, the
Contact Committee, the Social Committee, and the Barbeque Committee.
Currently, Jonathon (John) Nelson is the chair for the Van Committee. The
Contact Committee consists of Shannon Cook (Chair), Dorothy Barksdale,
Shelley Coppel, Cynthia (Pebbles) Wolfe, and Tina Holmes. The Social
Committee consist of Mag Floyd (Chair), Tracy Spittle and Pathronda
Anderson. The Barbecue Committee consists of Ike Nelson as the chair, board
members, and Carolyn Jackson, Carolyn Phillips, John Williams, Frank Coppel,
Ed and Julie Bible, Dorothy Barksdale, Katherine Williams, Pat Cheetham,
Pathronda Anderson, Elizabeth Rouse, Donna Jean Breece, David Houck, Dale
and Pat Walthoff, and Jennifer Bazer. Our 1st barbecue meeting will take
place Thursday, January 27th at 6:00 pm at the Federation Center. Committee
members bring fresh ideas and a commitment to make this the best barbecue
ever.

Have you been confused on who you should send an email if you have a
question? I know I have heard from several members saying they have
encountered this dilemma. In order to reduce future confusion, a new email
address has been created to seek information from the secretary or
treasurer. The new email address is  <mailto:Nfbsc.columbia at gmail.com>
Nfbsc.columbia at gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

We look forward to seeing you at our next chapter meeting on February 10,
2022! At this time, we plan to meet face-to-face unless numbers begin to
rise. Our desire is to keep everyone safe and healthy.