[NFBofSC] Support Papa a service for seniors, elderly and disabled,

Lori Anne Coley loriannecoley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 14:44:29 UTC 2022

Hello Federation family, I recently was introduced to this company called Papa. It was created for the elderly and seniors who needed companionship, assistance with grocery shopping, going to Doctors or pharmacies, light housekeeping, pet care, childcare, companionship to help exercise, or for our mental health. They also provide limited technical support for our seniors and disabled.
This company accepts several employers' insurance plans and some Medicare advantage plans. I would love to see in the future all Medicare advantage plans and insurance plans having this as a standard available coverage for all. My current insurance does not work with this plan but I do intend to change my insurance in October during open enrollment to a plan that is accepted. If you would like to use these services, you can call the following number to check to see if your current insurance plan is accepted. Call 800-348-7951.
If you want to get paid for doing something good and you have the skills, time, and transportation available in your community you also can be employed as a Papa Pal. You will have to sign up and pass their background check and then once approved set up your direct deposit. As soon as you go through some online training you will be qualified to start working as a Papa Pal. This would be great for some of our family members and friends who already help us out. This is also great for the nation's blind who are unemployed and may be able to qualify to be a papa pal.   If you would like to see if you can qualify to be a Papa Pal you can click this link below and start the process.
https://papa.link/LoriC6893
I would love to see the National Federation of The Blind work with this company and insurance companies to provide this as a resource for all of the nation's blind.
In South Carolina, many are not aware of this service so at this time as far as opportunities to work as a Papa Pal are limited, this will grow as more people sign up and become members. Help spread the word about this wonderful opportunity and services. They are available in all 50 states.

Lori Anne Coley
803-316-9838