[NFBofSC] Support to help make Pureflix accessible

Lori Anne Coley loriannecoley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:18:57 UTC 2022

Hello fellow Federation family, after watching the virtual national convention it has inspired me to address an issue that I found recently with a company that I pay for monthly for my 77-year-old father. It is a streaming service called Pureflix. They are similar to Netflix but all of their movies are Christian-based, inspirational, family oriented and clean. They have a AppleTV app which I had installed on my Apple TV, but had not taken the time to try to watch anything on there because I mainly was paying for it for my father. The other day I decided to see what was on it and once I opened it up was very disappointed that the app is very inaccessible.  When navigating things are not labeled properly you basically have to click on an icon to open it up to even find out what the name of the movie is and to be able to get any type of description of what the movie is about. I have found no movies on there that are audio described.  I have reached out to them personally and spoke with their customer service and their tech-support to address this issue. I feel that if they are going to provide a streaming service with content for all to watch that it should be accessible to us as well. Reaching out to Federation family to see if we all can  contact customer service as well and address the issue with them or what other steps can be taken as a Federation to help guide this company in becoming accessible. South Carolina leader ship if you are aware of who I should contact to further this issue to be addressed nationally with the Federation to support it please advise.
I did find a movie on there that was inspiring it was about a high school football star who became blind during his junior year but came back his senior year. the  name of the movie was called 23 blast.

If you would like to call Pureflix customer service
855-797-9690
thank you