[NFBofSC] Scholarship Program

Shannon Cook coffeequeensc1 at sc.rr.com
Tue Jun 21 17:05:03 UTC 2022

Hello Fellow Federationists and Friends,

I am writing to request your help.  At this point, we only have a little
over $1000 for this year's scholarship class, not counting the Kline
Scholarship since that is not decided by the scholarship committee.  I know
some of your chapters have made donations.  Others may be planning on doing
so closer to the convention.  In a separate message, I have asked for each
chapter and division to donate toward the scholarship program.  Now, I am
turning this request to our individual members.  As you can see, our
donations are incredibly low this year.   Can we all dig deep to ensure that
this year's class is not slighted by low donations. Last year, we had a
total of $5925, not including Kline.  You know how we say "Teamwork make the
dream work." This is a prime example of that idea.  Let's be a team that
will make these student's dreams come true with our support.

Checks can be made payable to NFB of SC with scholarship in the for line.
Donations are also accepted by going to our website www.nfbofsc.org
<http://www.nfbofsc.org> , and using the donate button to make a secure
PayPal donation.  Again, please put scholarship in the comment field.

Thank you in advance for answering this call to action!

Shannon Cook

Member, National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina

The greatest investment you can make in this world is kindness.