[NFBofSC] Action Requested: Contact Legislators Today Regarding Medical Device Accessibility

elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:11:16 UTC 2022

Good evening, all,

The Legislative and Advocacy Committee respectfully requests that you read
this message in full and reach out with questions.

John Pare recently sent out a legislative alert, the gist of which you can
find below:

"Since the 2022 Washington Seminar, the Medical Device Nonvisual
Accessibility Act (H.R. 4853) has seen an incredible wave of new supporters
in the House. We want to keep that momentum going and try to ensure that the
bill remains bipartisan and gains even more traction on the Energy and
Commerce Committee at the same time."

Jeff Duncan of South Carolina's third district is on the named committee, so
we encourage each of you to reach out to his office, as well as that of your
own representative, as soon as possible.

When reaching out, your email or phone message could say something like the
following:

"Hello, my name is [YOUR NAME], and I am a constituent of [REPRESENTATIVE
NAME]. I live in [CITY, STATE]. I would like to urge [REPRESENTATIVE NAME]
to cosponsor the Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act, H.R. 4853. This
legislation would ensure that blind Americans can have the same opportunity
to independently monitor their various medical needs and care for themselves
as other nondisabled Americans, thereby making us more self-sufficient and
less reliant on others for our medical care.

Thanks."

We invite you to personalize this message as you see fit. Remember that our
Congressional Representatives want to hear about the impact legislation has
on you, so feel free to share at your comfort level.

If you do reach out via email, please ensure that you copy Justin Young from
our national office at jyoung at nfb.org <mailto:jyoung at nfb.org> .

You can find contact information for your Representative as well as Rep.
Duncan attached.

We would love to help you with this process if you need assistance, so
please feel free to follow up off-list.

Respectfully,

Elizabeth