[NFBofSC] SENIOR DIVISION MEETING

Melanie Torrance melanietorrance at icloud.com
Thu May 26 13:54:04 UTC 2022

5/19/22 Senior Division Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 PM
9 members were present.
Kristopher (Kris) Crawley was introduced as our host for today’s meeting.
A recording of Pam Allen (1st Vice President of NFB) was played. She addressed the upcoming Nat’l Convention in New Orleans. She gave an overview of the schedule for the convention and some tips for navigating the schedule.
We had an Additional fee for the golf cart at Senior camp
Treasurer’s Report. We have a total of $684.75 on hand and $2953.02 in our savings account.
Discussion of the savings account ensued. This account was designated for Rocky Bottom. Money that was donated from Senior Camp will be added to this savings account.
Securing a Table at this year’s State Convention was discussed. The location of last year’s table was not ideal. We need to talk to the State President about the need to change room or sit close to the registration table.
Senior Board Elections will be held at the upcomingState Convention.
Fund Raising Discussion. “White Cane Coffee” was presented as an option. This program consisted of the sale of K cups or bulk coffee which are labeled in Braille. At our 7/21 meeting we will discus in more detail after doing some research on this program. Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple are also options.
Assistance will be given to two members who have never attended a State Convention.
Various items were discussed which are to be used for gifts/door prizes at our State Convention. Bump dots were suggested. A member said she would donate a large print watch and a Braille watch. Two large print timers were also donated.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:05 pm.

Sent from Melanie's i phone