[NFBofSC] ConventionSenior meeting minutes 8/26/22

Melanie Torrance melanietorrance at icloud.com
Wed Sep 14 17:48:38 UTC 2022

Below are the meeting minutes from the Senior Division meeting at the State Convention in August.

The Senior Division met during the NFB of SC state convention held on 8/26/22 at 1:00 pm.
A moment of remembrance for Dorothy Barksdale
was observed by the group. Dorothy had been an active member of the Senior Division and the NFB of SC for over 50 years and she will be sorely missed.
Shelley Coppell, President gave a Senior Division National update. Joining the National Senior Division was encouraged. Use the following link to access information about the National group.:
Seniors.NFB.org
Dues for the National Senior Division are 5.00 per year and are due now. Dues for our own division are due now as well, and are also $5.

Phone number and web site for National Senior Division:
443-681-9345
Nfbseniors at gmail.com

On Jan. 22-28 2023 there will be another
Virtual Senior Retreat. This is open to all Seniors throughout the country. If you would like to attend, please let Shelley know.

National Senior Conference calls will be held Feb-May of 2023. Topics of interest to blind seniors such as
Grand parenting and technology, will be included.

SC Seniors will meet every other month on the Third Thursday at 2pm. The year is from State convention to convention. The next meeting will be 9/15 at 2 pm.

SENIOR CAMP
the SCCB will no longer be paying for transportation to the camp. You will be notified once new plans for Senior camp can be made.
Whitecanecoffee.com is the web site for our current fundraiser. We will generate $2 for every box sold.
In Jan 2023 will be the Statewide Seminar which is open to all Seniors, free of charge.
Elections were held for the Senior Division Board for the upcoming year. The following Board members were elected:
Shelley Coppell-President
Melanie Torrance-First Vice President
Patricia Jenkins-Second Vice President
Julie Bible-Treasurer