[NFBofSC] Scholarship Metro Fund Challenge

Shannon Cook coffeequeensc1 at sc.rr.com
Tue Aug 1 15:15:56 UTC 2023

Good Morning,

As the Scholarship Chair, I am issuing a challenge to everyone. I have just
donated $103 to the Barksdale Metro Fund to  increase the total amount of
scholarship money this year. Why $103? Three percent of the total donation
goes to pay fees to PayPal. Since I want all $100 to go to the DCB Metro
Fund, I added the three percent. Now, I challenge any individual, chapter,
division, group of individuals, chapters or divisions to do the same. For
those who have donated already, the Scholarship Program is better for it.

Thank you to Belvedere, Chesterfield, Columbia, Computer Science and Tech
Division, Greenville, and Jenny Smith for their generous donations to this
year's scholarship fund.

To donate, go to www.nfbofsc.org <http://www.nfbofsc.org> , click the
"donate now" link, then complete the form. Be sure to specify that the
donation should go for the Metro Fund. If you are new at donating this way,
you will complete the form on the affiliate website. You will then be
directed to the PayPal site to complete the payment.

This opportunity to invest in young members is just another way we can build
the Federation.

Shannon Cook

Member, National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina

The greatest investment you can make in this world is kindness.