[NFBofSC] Free Resources for Blind People of Jewish Faith

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Fri Aug 11 10:04:00 UTC 2023

Sharing from another list!

Good Evening Affiliate Members,

I hope everyone is having a great evening. I wanted to take some time to
share this free resource for anyone of the Jewish faith that may find this
helpful. Also, please feel free to share this resource if you know someone
that can benefit from it:

"Rabbi Lenny Sarko has three programs that is of interest for the Jewish
blind and visually impaired community.  He has a home program that teaches
Hebrew braille.  There is no cost for the course.  He has a refreshable
braille file of the Reform prayerbook Mishkan Tefilah that will go with
either the free National Library System units or any commercial refreshable
braille device. This file is also free.  He also has made a Hebrew Braille
Sefer Torah that people can borrow to do a bar or bat mitzvah or Aliyah at
their congregation.  If you do not have a congregation you are welcome to
try my services at the Pittsburgh congregation I lead that we do both live
and online.  You are welcome to join in remotely, including for our weekly
Friday night Shabbat services.  Please contact Rabbi Lenny if you have
interest in any of these programs at rabbi at rabbisarko.org
<mailto:rabbi at rabbisarko.org>  or you can call him at 724-9630789."