[NFBofSC] FW: Your support helps us thrive

floza58 at bellsouth.net floza58 at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 21 18:36:08 UTC 2023

From: American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults
<outreach at actionfund.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2023 9:00 AM
To: Frank Loza <floza58 at bellsouth.net>
Subject: Your support helps us thrive

Catch Up with the American Action Fund

With the support of people like you, the American Action Fund for Blind
Children and Adults advances the fundamental importance of independence,
Braille literacy, tactile fluency, and equality for the blind. Here's a
quick update on the work we are doing together.

Action Fund Announces 2024 Children's Braille Book Selections

You may already know that we send Braille books to blind children for free.
These books are not on loan, but free for the children to keep and build
their own collections. We focus on producing popular children's books, often
series, that have not previously been produced in Braille, and we send a new
book to thousands of participants each month. The books are also useful for
blind parents, schools, and libraries.

The selected books for 2024 emphasize adventure, resilience, science, and
problem-solving. They include books of games, puzzles, and brain teasers.

As a blind parent of three children, two blind and one sighted, I am always
looking for books in Braille to read aloud. I very much appreciate receiving
books from the American Action Fund, and my children also look forward to
helping me rip open the envelope to discover what book is inside.

Learn more at
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh3eLdvPK
wRjQgbh7m1oF-2BWuyLXzy0OYN9fTxLGNvpjSgHxfzBS0zrK42LOSSOrYw6jepZF-2FfTULlwYyL
LNra4oM-3DSgCI_L4vacEtaECLkDZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAyt
odqGNFHRTXTnrb2uCHN5ibo9Ng9WwQ9Y5yp84-2FsZl1mSlN2VCHtkWCl92t6m5MFYc3mWkHMZYS
bmA2Cxcw1a38J8HJrobyyLjFeg9XRAnI930HYi6mlsjo09O2cy3m11Iv6jwSXd61WUo5glsXrMgW
rUTzA-3D-3D> actionfund.org/programs/braille-books-program.

Future Reflections: the Magazine for Parents of Blind Children

In addition to providing free Braille books to blind children and conducting
other activities to encourage Braille and tactile literacy, the American
Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults also publishes a quarterly
magazine,  Future Reflections, in collaboration with the National
Organization of Parents of Blind Children.

Future Reflections covers the many issues that blind children and their
families face as these children grow from birth through college. The
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh3eLdvPK
wRjQgbh7m1oF-2BWuyLXzy0OYN9fTxLGNvpjSgHxfzBS0zrK42LOSSOrYw6jgTQ2uiXmQMd1Dmdc
gfOlg-3DAB2Y_L4vacEtaECLkDZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAytod
qGNgAzWZ-2F3JQ5AtDISBTYQRpQihVs3-2FD9E-2FGycMXl5GD6Dj9ksc-2FlPSkB5IwBwFk2NbP
6-2BCcXdE9Boqovj4DPxVthGPY9VNzvZr3rjIss27tDoR4WGIPKHS65OLxaT7KMusrcXEiQ5esal
a-2FedxW5BiJA-3D-3D> most recent issue includes articles about self-advocacy
in high schools, developing multisensory skills in blind babies,
perspectives from both parents and blind children, and much more.

The magazine is available by mail in print, Braille, audio, or can be read
online at
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh3eLdvPK
wRjQgbh7m1oF-2BWuyLXzy0OYN9fTxLGNvpjSgHxfzBS0zrK42LOSSOrYw6pEgCb4pkw-2F9ZDmD
rjl62aM-3DCKMt_L4vacEtaECLkDZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAyt
odqGNw76F1-2Fxnq5IqskfHyEapDhFJGWA2wf9cNmfV5C9nU-2B4fap62YHG6rjzk2IImHxGMTNE
Ri-2BgoPO0vXYvwuyG3uE2Qt3gP6jxUO8L0RrShVB-2B6-2FnjDpgrx2H7hKekEWiZ4RBOW7Njee
oOD-2FCvrPJ9J4g-3D-3D> ActionFund.org. If you know a family with a blind
child, please let them know about this informative and inspirational
resource.

2024 Braille Pocket Calendars Available

Now is the time to plan for an exciting new year! As we have done every year
since 1964, the American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults has
produced its free Braille pocket calendar for the year 2024. These calendars
are a useful tool that allow blind people to keep information at their
fingertips.

If you or someone you know can use a Braille calendar, call the Action Fund
at 410-659-9315 or visit
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh3eLdvPK
wRjQgbh7m1oF-2BWuyLXzy0OYN9fTxLGNvpjSgHxfzBS0zrK42LOSSOrYw6uPYqSMuuPMaqkqsSM
Dvyvk-3DdIvb_L4vacEtaECLkDZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAytod
qGNRtGagOVBB1Jj4nk8oAtdUf6-2F0fZ9wNTRbyWIqrRLdgSwMmVsfRvsS2WmEgP04dW9oW96-2F
tdyFejAdJZhl07pmWnEGT61HjMzlvksi-2FDqHcL6w0w8yNjbhrB5hDLlcgu-2FydmtP5HBW0OuR
7DfoaHpPA-3D-3D> actionfund.org/resources/braille-calendars. Anyone can
order up to three Braille pocket calendars.

Thank You

The Action Fund could not do this work without your continued support. Thank
you for bringing the joy of reading to blind kids, sharing invaluable
information, and promoting independence. To learn more about how you can
help, visit
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh3eLdvPK
wRjQgbh7m1oF-2BWuyLXzy0OYN9fTxLGNvpjSgHxfzBS0zrK42LOSSOrYw6rU7qaM6l6HpEoYdnX
tkWV8-3DCHd6_L4vacEtaECLkDZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAytod
qGN5Ad26u0FFXyIuDA8bACpqx231JoeOVQtfHV0JSI0rHn9SE2pYBYnxWHgINn-2BI90-2FDlQxf
9KqcsJw1b0GyYOcUFyNHLuU2mNjYpiRC6BWyGkJaJdas4D5shEHsGxUORmVpMWllkMbv5Fv8R-2B
uouiKFA-3D-3D> actionfund.org/about/ways-to-give.

>From our family to yours, happy holidays and happy new year!

Follow us on
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh3eLdvPK
wRjQgbh7m1oF-2BWuyLXzy0OYN9fTxLGNvpjSgHxfzBS0zrK42LOSSOrYw6q6t7O8UKN4ttmIB2W
NLIZ4-3DR_TL_L4vacEtaECLkDZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAytod
qGNquS-2F-2Fv63QegzRVm0eT-2BTlu-2BTDp514sDBh6B7E998bZIt985XsHOFW8M8yEwn92AuB
iK-2FpzZ3ilDQGaAaA8arzPWiNIsxYGwt66H-2Fsv9ybsArSxOR180sYA8tTfxO8WIAr-2BjRnrH
J1aTZzDW6Rzp5aA-3D-3D>
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh3eLdvPK
wRjQgbh7m1oF-2BWuyLXzy0OYN9fTxLGNvpjSgHxfzBS0zrK42LOSSOrYw6jpXGTjw-2F0ZcVOZ1
GMJYVbE-3DbKIn_L4vacEtaECLkDZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAyt
odqGNmeL-2Fa0YCriXyOvEw-2FrSF3e5modRJ90FTs-2FuZXuv0kKqH8fRHUlLbfJ-2BO3j8Srkh
i3976CcNAjyKd5mJepmPWtlMQ0f7rW-2BMu-2B82tHrK6-2FGm8UB0x5jRyx8U3rTgMJ0JUAPQ7w
lMDLiTUAdWRbeikLg-3D-3D>
American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults

<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh3eLdvPK
wRjQgbh7m1oF-2BWuyLXzy0OYN9fTxLGNvpjSgHxfzBS0zrK42LOSSOrYw6s9kUvdnR3rh4sEU13
WnPQ4-3DdY_g_L4vacEtaECLkDZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAytod
qGNBJnF62Yjviaf6QAxRDSVVCunI-2BaeaprDIE9w9wEzoyGOrBnGXFS7vKokBdmg9OQO85kkoQA
098StgoJoXnyc3-2BcCvBT7xKotKxQgkRulZZsxdE-2FjrhibbOZDRUew5A1d-2FDfPhA9-2FZRq
zNjbv1NdjMA-3D-3D> actionfund.org | 410-659-9315

<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh7ibrUpA
s1V7osT1yC2B-2BN7EjV3rlhjHrnEV8GEUVxcf8DQnL9Kfp6BSJfADpoKHNfQ29yCP8QgvZpCDQT
sEJtjpg06EMYHV6YnStw28sqk0WadWua0-2BnG-2FZj7wR7V0-2BqA-3D-3DhC3k_L4vacEtaECL
kDZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAytodqGNL9uIQR5u2gZS1-2BOkSmQ
eTDmhcoEWw3zjOEiXqZ2gF4Pm7MsNN2EikNbpeBed3U9rahILgyILZ-2FB3vcv9eyT-2F7e1REcF
uVC8orqiFwrHrkKFDvXkUGFwnhisk43G8RRwkrm4oSVDO1uICi3dn3xXdtA-3D-3D>
Unsubscribe |
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=vqjE2eLjXO4GobcVSYBJh7ibrUpA
s1V7osT1yC2B-2BN7f1dvBpg0euF1G1ER03hPyLrDaj-2FS8usRM-2FkCvqUXW3nbs6j30npfzpm
iL8NfNnx9Tv2HYFo4VrumXjMwkGfoIXUmIULiTW74lPiI0aVJ4fQ-3D-3D_eof_L4vacEtaECLkD
ZzpGIhcVlkC60NW4NdcFZcnZNc9IqWGtF6fR-2FjoEcgpAytodqGNG9JbJYkjoK0jtBJirXmMQ38
Ux2GujKaM1GmRBLCKwU-2FDAREjVdq0M1tF0ff-2FSkHMOEoqCvSUEmmxMoP28BZqWdAiHu-2B-2
BZ5Z2pYVOoPAky4BgN0WvLgmpmtpwKhRnMg6oKwViL2wA-2BsGc4ahGi-2Bup1Q-3D-3D> Opt
Out