[NFBofSC] FW: Sunrise and Shine with NFB-NEWSLINE We're Talking About Books! tomorrow Thursday, February 9th at 9:00 AM - We Need You With Us

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Wed Feb 8 10:58:34 UTC 2023

>From our friends in Florida!

Good Morning Sunrise and Shine Family!

As promised in our last email regarding Sunrise and Shine with
NFB-NEWSLINER, we will hold a call tomorrow, February 9th at 9:00 AM, (EST).
You'll find the Zoom call in information at the bottom of this email. I
wasn't sure that I'd be available for the call, (thought we might have a
guest host), but as it so happens, I'm back home from traveling and am all
set to host another edition of our wonderful gathering. So many attendees
have proven loyal to this regular call  since we launched it nearly three
years ago. I am indebted to you all for being the ones who make SRS such a
success. If you haven't been to a call in a while, we want you to know that
you are missed and we'd be honored to have you rejoin us tomorrow morning.

As I had done before our last 'Rise and Shine, I was reviewing notes from
past calls to  find an interesting topic and to make sure we stay true to
one of our original goals, that being, to keep you informed about what
awesome things NFB-NEWSLINE has to offer. With the strong suggestion that,
at some point in the near future, we review services like NLS, Bookshare,
Audible and Learning Ally, I was reminded that on NFB-NEWSLINE there are
numerous sources of book reviews available each and every day. Many
magazines and newspapers offer regular reviews of both new and older reading
material. Finding the sources that fit your reading interest and visiting
them on a frequent basis can help you discover books you might have
otherwise never heard about.

After reviewing content on NFB-NEWSLINE, let's collectively address another
very important topic. Specifically, I'm talking about Super Bowl Sunday
spreads. I'm hosting a few folks at my home to watch the big game and with
that, I know that I'd better have something good to bring out of the
kitchen. I could really use some good ideas on what to serve and so could
use your help. What is your favorite main dish, side dish, appetizer or
finger food to serve both before  and during America's big nosh fest?

If you haven't been to one of our calls before, joining us at 9:00 AM for
coffee or tea will give you a chance to find out what you've been missing.
We always take time for welcoming new guest speakers and participants and
for lots of warmth and laughter.

Most of us have become pretty familiar with attending meetings using the
Zoom platform over the past couple of years and in fact, we've been using
Zoom since we launched Rise and Shine way back on April 16th 2020. If you're
not used to using Zoom or if it's still giving you difficulties, don't give
up just yet. You can access the meeting by clicking on he below listed web
link, by using the one tap mobile feature or by dialing the phone number
provided and entering the access code when prompted.

The regulars on our call are always warm and welcoming and are thrilled to
see new faces.

Hope to have you with us Thursday morning, see below for the Zoom info.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me before the
call. Check the bottom of this email for the Zoom call-in instructions.

Russ Davis, Coordinator

   NFB Newsline of Florida

ph. 904-993-8433 (mobile)

Email: Russell at radiorusty.com <mailto:Russell at radiorusty.com>

NFB Newsline of Florida is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Sunrise and Shine with NFB Newsline

Date/Time: Thursday, February 9th, 2023 9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/96184895393

Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,96184895393# US (New York)

Direct dial access phone number

+1 646 876 9923

Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393

--