[NFBofSC] Sad News from South Carolina

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 18:58:29 UTC 2023

My condolences to his family.

Justin

From: NFBofSC [mailto:nfbofsc-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Marty
McKenzie via NFBofSC
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2023 1:18 PM
To: 'NFB of South Carolina Mailing List' <nfbofsc at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Marty McKenzie <marty2music at outlook.com>
Subject: [NFBofSC] Sad News from South Carolina

Good Afternoon Federation Family,

I am sadden to report the passing of Mr. Laverne Wilson, past president of
the Conway Chapter and long-time former NFB of SC state board member.
Laverne gave many years of dedicated service to the NFB of SC in his work
with his local chapter and work on the state board. He cooked excellent BBQ
which was enjoyed by Federationists and others from time to time.

Please remember his family during this difficult time of loss. As more
information becomes available, we will share it here.

My Best,

Marty

Marty R. McKenzie, President

National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina