[NFBofSC] Palmetto Convention Grant Recipients Announced

Justin Williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 12:24:37 UTC 2023

Well done, folks.

Great to see you were selected.

Justin

From: NFBofSC <nfbofsc-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Linda Dizzley via NFBofSC
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2023 7:08 AM
To: NFB of South Carolina Mailing List <nfbofsc at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Linda Dizzley <ldizzley at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [NFBofSC] Palmetto Convention Grant Recipients Announced

Congratulations to all of the recipients. We are truly honored to have you join us. Welcome to the family

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 28, 2023, at 1:37 PM, Shannon Cook via NFBofSC <nfbofsc at nfbnet.org <mailto:nfbofsc at nfbnet.org> > wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Many thanks to all who applied for a 2023 Palmetto Convention Grant. Thanks also to the committee members who met and gave input to determine the recipients. .

It was incredibly difficult to only choose three of the applicants. The committee felt so strongly that we asked the NFB of SC Board if we could include a fourth recipient this year. The board approved the request. Below are the four 2023 PCG recipients.

Gregg Jones, Hampton County Chapter President

Michelle Scott, Charleston Chapter President

Laurin Reeves, Charleston Chapter Vice President

Zariyah Lee, new Spartanburg Chapter member

Please join me in congratulating these four individuals. Also, let’s make them feel welcome at their first NFB of SC state convention. They all have joined the affiliate between a couple of months ago to almost three years ago.

For those who were not selected, they will be paired with a seasoned member to help them navigate their first state convention and to get familiar with the structure, programs, and policies of the NFB of SC.

With gratitude,

Shannon Cook

Member, National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina

The greatest investment you can make in this world is kindness.