[NFBofSC] NFB-NEWSLINE

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Fri Nov 24 14:57:33 UTC 2023

This holiday season on NFB-NEWSLINE, we will be able to offer the following
ads, Walmart and Walgreens. These two retailers are in addition to the
year-round offering of the Target weekly circular. In order to access the
holiday ads, you can either use the touch-tone telephone or our NFB-NEWSLINE
Mobile app for IOS.

These retail ads will be available on the touch-tone telephone by selecting
option six off the main menu. The Walgreens and Target ads are text ads that
are navigated like other publications on the service. However the Walmart ad
is an audio file and you can either move forward or backward in the file as
follows.

First select the section you wish to read and when the ad begins to play,
you may press the six key once to advance a few seconds. By pressing the six
key twice quickly, you will move about 30 seconds, and three presses will
advance about one and a half minutes, forward through the file. To go
backward in the file, the same process works by pressing the four key.

If instead you are using the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile iOS app, you will find the
ads located on the Information Sources menu page under Retail Ads.

Check back from time to time during the holiday season, since we may be able
to offer additional retailors throughout December.

We wish all of our subscribers, their friends and families, a safe holiday
season.

National Federation of the Blind | nfb.org | 866-504-7300 |
nfbnewsline at nfb.org <mailto:nfbnewsline at nfb.org>

Steve Cook

You are invited to join us on the 1st and 2nd Friday of each month at 8:00
PM Eastern for audio described movies using the below Zoom platform!

 <https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8032543777?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09>
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8032543777?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09

Meeting ID: 803 254 3777