[NFBofSC] Braille Readers are Leaders! Heads Up to all!

Jamie Allison nfbsccherokeejamie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 13:13:23 UTC 2023

A blessed Friday morning to everyone!

The Braille Literacy committee would like to announce that registration for
the national level 2023-2024 NFB Braille Readers are Leaders contest opens
on this coming Monday, October 23rd!

Get ready to fire up those fingers and count those minutes! The chilly
winter weather makes the perfect atmosphere for reading!

Further announcements for possible state level involvement will come soon,
but we wanted to get the word out there as soon as it became available so
that everyone would have the contest on their radar. The actual reading
time will go from December 4th through January 22nd, but you can sign up as
early as Monday and at any time during the contest. All minutes must be
submitted by January 26th and prize announcements will come on or around
March 2nd.

If you want more information or need help with how the minutes for readers
are logged, please reach out to Jamie at nfbsccherokeejamie at gmail.com or
864-838-0338. She would be more than glad with either giving directions for
using an application called Beanstack that is used to track your minutes,
or with helping you track and submit them so that we can have the most
possible participation. For those who are already familiar and don't need
help signing up, please also let Jamie know when you've done it, so that
she can add your name to the "official" list of readers from the NFB of SC.

We look forward to hearing from all our readers out there and encourage
anyone who can read Braille in any capacity to participate!

--
Jamie R. Allison, MAAA
She/her/hers

With love, hope, and determination we, in the National Federation of the
Blind, will turn our dreams into reality!