[NFBofSC] FW: Convention Communications: Virtual Experience, Awards, SSP, and Career Fair

floza58 at bellsouth.net floza58 at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 13 01:03:02 UTC 2024

From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2024 7:04 PM
To: Frank Loza <floza58 at bellsouth.net>
Subject: Convention Communications: Virtual Experience, Awards, SSP, and
Career Fair

Less Than Three Months to Convention: Register, Nominate, Prepare

2024 National Convention
July 3 through July 8
Orlando, Florida
Register now! <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33630&qid=9719321>

"From the moment I arrived at the convention I knew I had made the right
choice. The people I met truly changed my life for the better and learning a
new place and its history was an experience I will carry with me always." -
First time attendee

The National Federation of the Blind advances the lives of its members and
all blind people in the United States. Each year we come together for
important discussions, decisions, and information sharing. The convention is
open to all. Our constitution states that only members of the Federation
have the right to participate in decision-making when it comes to
organizational policy. If you are not already a member, please connect with
your state affiliate
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33631&qid=9719321> .

Register Early

Get access to the latest information as it is made available and more.
Online registration ($25) closes May 31. Onsite registration ($30) will be
available in Orlando. Plan to register early to avoid the increased
registration fees. Register for the 2024 National Convention now!
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33632&qid=9719321>

For more information and hotel details, visit https://nfb.org/convention
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33633&qid=9719321> .

NFB24 Virtual Experience

We are excited to offer opportunities for engagement and connection to
participants who are unable to attend the convention in-person. There will
be exclusive virtual events and access to the board meeting, resolutions
committee meeting, general sessions, and banquet. The Virtual Experience
registration fee is $10. Register for the 2024 National Convention Virtual
Experience <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33634&qid=9719321> .

Submit Nominations for Awards

We announce several awards at National Convention. Submit your nominations
for the following today!

*	Dr. Jacob Bolotin Awards
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33635&qid=9719321> , deadline April
15, honor individuals and organizations that are a positive force in the
lives of blind people.
*	Blind Educator of the Year Award
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33636&qid=9719321> , deadline May 1,
recognize exceptional blind teachers.
*	Distinguished Educator of Blind Students Award
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33637&qid=9719321> , deadline May 1,
recognize an outstanding teacher of blind students.

Request for Service Support Providers

To optimize participation in the convention by members who are DeafBlind,
the DeafBlind Division of the National Federation of the Blind is seeking
Support Service Providers willing to volunteer their time to support
DeafBlind attendees. Learn more about becoming a SSP volunteer
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33638&qid=9719321> .

Convention Career Fair

The National Convention Career Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, July 3,
2024, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Eastern in Orlando, Florida. The career fair
requires a separate registration. Sign up for the career fair today:
Job-Seeker Registration
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33639&qid=9719321>  and Employer
Registration <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33678&qid=9719321> .

More Convention

Stay tuned for more exciting convention updates. Reminder: register early
and learn more at nfb.org/convention
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33633&qid=9719321> .

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33642&qid=9719321>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33643&qid=9719321>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33644&qid=9719321>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33645&qid=9719321>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33646&qid=9719321>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33647&qid=9719321>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

=4b85db8d711a44c7> Unsubscribe from this mailing list |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=22982&qid=9719321&h=4b85
db8d711a44c7> Opt out of all mailing lists |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33648&qid=9719321> Sign up for our
newsletter

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230